Hello!
I've been playing for 10 months, and I can play some songs totally, like Roulette from SOAD, with the solo, some songs from Disturbed, and I'm currently trying to learn Fade 2 Black. I'm having a hard time in the "fast part" of the initial solo, so I would like to know if there are any songs a little less challenging than Fade 2 Black, but also a little bit hard.
Btw, with 10 months of playing am I supposed to know how to play Fade 2 Black? I never had any musical theory lessons, I learned by myself so maybe I have bad habits and stuff, and perhaps I'm learning very slowly...
What are some cool songs to learn, with challenging parts?
My Gear

Guitars:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
Oh no. Don't go for fade to black yet. Out of all kirk's stuff i think that is one of his most challenging things i have tried. I always find it hard to recommend songs to other people since i sometimes think things are easier than they are. um, trying doing nothing else matters by metallica. that solo isnt too difficult and the thing you'll have the most trouble with is the rhythm stuff
Go get your shovel.
Any more songs that I should learn?
My Gear

Guitars:
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
What kind of music do u play?
It would be good to know that. But if you're not that good, try the easy stuff before all those great but complicated songs. Why don't u try livin on a prayer, by bon jovi? I know it's not a great song, but it's good rookie material, and the solo is among the easiest things iv'e ever played.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
I play stuff like Disturbed, Sevendust, SOAD, Stone Sour, etc...
My Gear

Guitars:
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
you should still start with the easy stuff.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Quote by SynGates7X
Oh no. Don't go for fade to black yet. Out of all kirk's stuff i think that is one of his most challenging things i have tried. I always find it hard to recommend songs to other people since i sometimes think things are easier than they are. um, trying doing nothing else matters by metallica. that solo isnt too difficult and the thing you'll have the most trouble with is the rhythm stuff

Challenging? lol

Alright, threadstarter, for 10 months, you should be able to hit that solo. If your having trouble with just the "fast" part, then i reccomend you practicing it with a metronome. They are excellent devices... If you dont have one, just search for one on google, they have digital ones that work really well to.

Im using one called GiveMeTac 1.1
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Challenging? lol

Alright, threadstarter, for 10 months, you should be able to hit that solo. If your having trouble with just the "fast" part, then i reccomend you practicing it with a metronome. They are excellent devices... If you dont have one, just search for one on google, they have digital ones that work really well to.

Im using one called GiveMeTac 1.1

i meant the ending solo as the challenging part. that is the only solo by him i can't do. I know people that can do that solo, but not other ones. i dont know why it gives me so much trouble, it just does.
Go get your shovel.