I've found Peaveys to be pretty good for the price. Not outstanding, but for $300, you don't expect miracles. They sound nice, set up properly they can play nice.

If you can raise another $50, look into the Yamaha RBX374 or a Schecter Stiletto Deluxe. Both real nice basses.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
great bass for its price, i have one! lol its an excellent bass, and the neck is not to othin, its great go for it if you have the cash and on a low budget
Quote by BassSurfer
the neck is not to othin, its great

Maybe you find it fine, maybe the other guy finds it too thin. Maybe another guy will find it unbearably thin and painful to play (Large hands, thin neck, bad idea...).

It's a personal thing.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Maybe you find it fine, maybe the other guy finds it too thin. Maybe another guy will find it unbearably thin and painful to play (Large hands, thin neck, bad idea...).

It's a personal thing.

yeah your right, and sorry about the horrible spelling =) lol
its pretty cool, i played in a shop once,got a real bluesy sound ,try pluggin it into a beringer amp i liked it anyway
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
I own it.

You should too.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by Caustic

It's a personal thing.

hmmm, i have massive hands and love thin necks, thats the ony reason i dont want to buy a warwick. i guess that just prevoes to each his own, other's complaints may be the reason you buy it.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
ha wow i forgot i posted this. i spend most of my time in the electric guitar forum and i forgot to check back at this. Thanks guys! I hadn't expected this many good reports. And it doesn't seem like anyone really dislikes it. Also i like thin necks. So thank you all, and i think i am gonna go ahead and get it.