I just realized I enjoy Neil Young's music a lot. I like his more heavy sounds like "Cocaine Eyes", "Keep on Rockin in the Free World", "Cinnamon Girl", etc. Based on that, what album would you guys recommend?
Yeah, man.
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. If you like his heavy sounds that album, or Ragged Glory would be your best bet.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I would definitely recommend Ragged Glory. The best Neil Young album in my opinion.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by g4cytheclown
I just realized I enjoy Neil Young's music a lot. I like his more heavy sounds like "Cocaine Eyes", "Keep on Rockin in the Free World", "Cinnamon Girl", etc. Based on that, what album would you guys recommend?

Get Decade, listen to Ohio.
"After the Goldrush" and "Weld"
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
In order, I'd recommend...

1. After the Gold Rush
2. Harvest
3. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
4. Rust Never Sleeps
5. On the Beach

EDIT: and just for kicks, I'd also look into Zuma... take care
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
If you like his experimental stuff, I'd recommend Everybody's Rockin', Trans, and Re-ac-tor.
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
Quote by DownDark
In order, I'd recommend...
5. On the Beach
On the Beach is a great album.
Quote by Thefallofman
^Damn straight. Exactly why I recommended it.
I was going to whine about not using the recommendation thread, then I realized we forgot to put Neil Young in there

Carry on
^^well that must be changed buuuut the thread is closed

telex, Live Rust is an awesome live album. One of the best there is IMO.
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at Jun 21, 2006,
yes. It should.
Quote by Thefallofman
Weld is another great live album.
^^that's the one live album I don't have that I want. I've heard some great things about it, but never saw it in stores.
Quote by Thefallofman
Try and look for it on blogs and forums that share files.
If you like his harder rock stuff.

-Weld
-Year of the Horse
-Re-Ac-Tor
- Rust Never Sleeps(a lot like Live Rust with some different songs)
-Road Rock: Live at Red Rocks (Some acoustic stuff)
-Live Rust (Some acoustic stuff)
Its how you look and how you feel
I have Re-ac-tor and personally I don't like it... other than "Shots", the other songs don't do it for me.
Has anyone got Living With War yet? How is it, and worth getting? Im also tryin to go to CSNY this summer, should be f ucking sweeet, hope i get tickets!
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Living with war is alright. You can kind of tell it was a rushed project though. Maybe Neil should have taken the dead rat sign as it's not ready yet, and not ship it out=0

P.S.- I think Prarie Wind was much much better, but I guess Neil just wanted to people to know his feelings on the war now so he released it.

P.S. Squared- Re-Ac-Tor.... I kinda have mixed feelings, I think some things are alright but overall I think it was a failed project.
Last edited by Hauf at Jun 22, 2006,
Yeah, i havent really heard much about it, but i guess if your gonna put an album on the war out, nows the time, and i guess it must portray some sort of message that he wanted it to
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Quote by Hauf
Living with war is alright. You can kind of tell it was a rushed project though. Maybe Neil should have taken the dead rat sign as it's not ready yet, and not ship it out=0

P.S.- I think Prarie Wind was much much better, but I guess Neil just wanted to people to know his feelings on the war now so he released it.
I was listening to Living With War for the first time last night and I found it funny. It had that old Crazy Horse sound to it, and he sure let everyone know his feelings with the lyrics

A few days ago I was watching Heart of Gold (which contains live performances of Prarie Wind) and I was blown away. The music on the album is great, the lyrics are very personal...overall it's a great album.
Quote by Thefallofman
Oh yeh me too, I saw Heart of Gold when it came out in a local theater. It was so amazing, you leave feeling like you know him. (Personally I do feel like I know him, I've heard him everyday of my life for like 3 hours a day for the last 2 years and read "Shakey" multiple times, and other assorted things on him a lot)
No he has't but that doesn't mean he wont.
Quote by VR05
Has anyone got Living With War yet? How is it, and worth getting? Im also tryin to go to CSNY this summer, should be f ucking sweeet, hope i get tickets!

I'm probably going to see them in Indy later this fall. I don't see any way that it won't kick ass
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Wonderin' is catchy as ****!
yeh, wonderin is a good song. I have a version of it where he is introducing it to his friends for the first time before it was released.

I'm going to see CSNY Aug 25 at Hershey PA!
after the gold rush is the best i've heard. the first two songs, tell me why and the title track are my two favorite NY songs, and it also has the great southern man and only love can break your heart on it.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Oh yes, Tell mw why is an amazing song. The riff in it is so fun to play. My friends always get angry at me because as soon as I pick up an acoustic that's the first thing I play.
Just bought After The Goldrush today... all your recommendations helped more than just the threadstarter, let me tell you :P
Ragged glory ftw.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
you dont need two threads on it lol

***CLOSED***
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!