I am a big AC/DC fan with a Gibson SG that I have installed an Angus Young

Signature humbucker in. I have a nice Peavey Classic tube amp (65 watts).

However, it pains me as I am lacking that Marshall growl. My solos just don't seem

to cut and dont have enought bite. I definetly am not going to spend the money on

a marshall amp, and I am wondering if the Marshall Guv'Nor will give me what I am

looking for. Some people on Musician's Friend said this pedal does not

work very well with certain amps. Does anybody have any experience with this

situation and advice?
Payin' my dues,
playin' in a rockin' band...
I've sampled the "guv'nor" and it sounds like my marshall amp, and I get that ac/dc sound out of it, so yeah thats a good pedal,

also How do you like the angus young pickup?, what does it sound like?, I bout one but have yet to install it, I would really like to know what it sounds like,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 21, 2006,
The Marshall GV-2 is awesome. It has such a great sound.
You get that marshall sound even though i put it through a crappy stagg amp.
It's realyl versatile, and will be great for your solos as you say, but if you fancied a change, would work for that.
They are well worth the price and are really, really great.
I love mine......
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Try a marshall bluesbreaker. It's an OVERDRIVE pedal which is designed for tube amps. I have one and it sounds awesome... much more natural overdrive than the guvnor, and it has plenty of gain. Don't think that it's just designed for a bluesy overdrive sound. It can handle heavy rock tones.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Spade1
I've sampled the "guv'nor" and it sounds like my marshall amp, and I get that ac/dc sound out of it, so yeah thats a good pedal,

also How do you like the angus young pickup?, what does it sound like?, I bout one but have yet to install it, I would really like to know what it sounds like,

I must be truthful; at first I was a little dissapointed. I learned that the amp matters just as much as the pickup. I figured I would get a totally different sound with the Angus than from my 490's, but because it was still the same amp, the tone was somewhat similar. I did notice that the tone was brighter and there was more sustain, because it is a higher quality pickup. I am hopeful that the true tone of the Angus will come out when I can emulate a marshall, however. Moral of the story: dont be too dissapointed if you don't notice a big difference in sound (especially if you are already accustomed to your amp with a gibson pickup). However, the Angus is still a great pickup, and I hope that with something Like the Guv'nor (or maybe someday a real marshall), I can let all the true tone out.. A great pickup, you will like it.
[you may have a totally different situation because you already have a marshall, i have a peavey. I'm sure you will be very happy with how the pickup sounds with the marshall}
Payin' my dues,
Last edited by SGof79 at Jun 21, 2006,
Yeah the Angus Young pickup isn't his good tone, or the tone that everyone loves. It's their disgusting, overly hot, later tone.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Yeah the Angus Young pickup isn't his good tone, or the tone that everyone loves. It's their disgusting, overly hot, later tone.

I dont know, I would argue that their earlier days with Bon were much hotter of a bite. Thats the tone i would like. The days with brian have seemed to bring a much smoother and clearer bite.
Payin' my dues,
Quote by jimbob78
Try a marshall bluesbreaker. It's an OVERDRIVE pedal which is designed for tube amps. I have one and it sounds awesome... much more natural overdrive than the guvnor, and it has plenty of gain. Don't think that it's just designed for a bluesy overdrive sound. It can handle heavy rock tones.

but what kind of amp do you have? i heard that it doesnt always sound to good with every amp.
Payin' my dues,
Yeah thanks for the info, I only have a Marshall MG50DFX amp so I don't know if I'll get thats AC/DC sound , I hope to upgrade to a Marshall MG100HDFX stack, a Marshall MG250DFX Stereo Combo, or a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT

you might wanna look in to those amps to, anyway I hope you find a good Pedal for your peavey (also i nice amp) ,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 21, 2006,
Quote by TimmyPage06
No Question about those.

Vox Valvetronix AD100VT

The Marshalls suck more than north korean hooker on Kim.

sigged...haha...i finnally played a MG the other day...just seeing how bad it was, and it was horrible. It sounded like ***t compared to my JCM900
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Last edited by ssguitar at Jun 22, 2006,
Yeah I sorta got numb to the bad sound of my mashall, until i played that Vox, man I love that vox,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 22, 2006,