First of all, this only happens on my high E string and I can only really hear it when on a high gain amp setting on my Cube.

I did a recording of it on my dmusic., going up the frets from the 12th, to the 22nd on the E string. As you can hear it gets worse the higher up I go, and on the 20th-22nd fret there's even some sort of rattling sound of some sort.

I thought this is probably a guitar thing rather than an amp, which is why I posted it hear. However, could it be an amp problem?

Sam
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
did u check the intonation?

and is the string hitting a fret there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Erm..

I had a fairly hefty setup not too long ago (4-5 months maybe) and they did all the intonation and adjustments then, I'm not sure how to check it myself.

And I'm not too sure what to say for the second question.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I think it has to do with the guitar. It's called fretbuzz and, well, not much to do about it, ´cept get a new guitar . When you buy the guitar you check for that first. What guitar do you have btw?
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
^ Well that's annoying. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio - got it used off eBay a year back (yeh I was a n00b ). It's only developed in the last month or so, is there nothing I can do to get rid of it?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Take it to a tech. They should be able to fix it. I had that prob once and my dude said it was only a string starting to come unwound. But mine was the A string..

Tech might be the best way instead of getting rid of it
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
I might try change my strings first, see if it helps. They've been on a good few months. If it's still there I'll take it for a setup.

Thanks for your help.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
hey, sam, didnt mean to post and take off.

try the new strings, sound like a good idea to me. and if for some reason u think its hitting a fret, u can lift the bridge a tiny amount. and that should clear it.

but restring first.

also to check intonation u just see if its in tune at the 12th.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
new guitar? haha fretbuzz is easy to fix..make the action higher. it may be a fret problem. (i just got mine setup and now it has fretbuzz. just take it to a tech.)

you dont have to buy another guitar...thats kind of ridiculous
Well, that's what my friend did (he was a real noob). Iv'e never had the problem myself, but since that's what he said i just figured he could have been right.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.