ok...well i really wanted to get a tuner that had dropped D tuning so i can play RATM on bass....

ok...and i bought a tuner that has all of the notes on it

but i look at the thing...and it only says "D" while the others have like Bb and stuff like C#

should i just tune my E string to D and it would b the same as dropped D? or should it say something like the low B on my other tuner as "LB" should this b "LD" or "DD" (low D and Dropped D)

im confused...
Just tune it to D. If you're tuning down, and the note reads D, then wouldn't it make sense to belive that your low E string is tuned to drop D?
i guess....lol sry to ask the newb question...i was just confused cuz i saw the LB for low B so i thought there would b 1 for dropped D
^It's understandable. I could see why you'd be confused. I think I probably seemed a bit harsh there, sorry about that Crazy Horse.
No, D is correct as Bumper said. When you play your 7th fret (now an A), it should be the same as your Open A. That's i drop it down, tune it your open A at the 7th fret.
Quote by Bumper
^It's understandable. I could see why you'd be confused. I think I probably seemed a bit harsh there, sorry about that Crazy Horse.

nah bumper. it didnt seem harsh.....it made alot of sense....thats for ur help
^Ok, good. I didn't want it to seem like I was being mean or anything. I normally try to be pretty nice whenever I answer a question, but I was kind of pissed off at this kid in my class when I wrote that. I didn't know if I was coming off as an asshole or not. I'm glad you took no offense. Good luck playing those Rage tunes. You know, tuning by harmonics would be much easier to just tune to drop D quickly. Theres a pretty good lesson on this site. If you don't get it (alot of this sites lessons are worded in a manner that's difficult to understand) you could pm me and I'll try to elaborate on how to do it.
DUde... just tune your E to D.

You don't even need a tuner that has D on it.
Tune everything in E.
Detune the lower E string so that the 7th fret on E is the same as open on the A.

if there's anything more to it, you're not tuning to Drop D, you're tuning to D...

to tune to D, get your E at D like I just said how, then tune in 4ths/harmonics
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!