Page 1 of 3
do you think nintendo will make a comeback with their next machine, or do you think that playstation will beat their ass just like every other time?
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
why dont u post on a computer website, and ask someone who may just care...
Isn't it well annoying you can't see yourself blink??

"i wish i had bernards watch" club member #6
nintendo ftw, last time i checked, the ps3 was very expensive, and since the ps3 is goona use blue ray or something like that disks, i guess games are gonna be more expensive

im getting a Wii

the guy who posted first: actually, most people on ug are around 15 and 16, so most probably like games and second, this is the pit, you could ask about anal sex here without a problem
ha ha I think that ship sailed when they decided to call it Wii
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
How can they make a comeback when they're already the most successful company in the industry?
Quote by meh!
I am a fat, cheating bastard and I like men and I'm fat and gay. I'm also a paedo, and I don't really play guitar, I just use UG to pick up preteen boys.
i hope they do, i've been a lover of nintendo for years, world wouldn't be the same without Zelda, Mario and co. lol, haven't had a Gamecube game in ages so im eager for new material
Quote by genocidal
How can they make a comeback when they're already the most successful company in the industry?

Gamecube kind of screwed them over with older audiences.
Quote by genocidal

They may be the most successful company of all time, but with the last gen consoles, the PS2 sold massivly compared the the 'cube.

Anyway, I think the Wii will certainly make things interesting. We haven't seen a change like the controller since 3D. Things will certainly be interesting. And I'm sure, at least I hope, Nintendo will stick to their policy of making things cheap, unlike the PS3, which will mean more people go for the Wii. I know I certainly will.
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
yeah ninty are gunna own, cant wait for metrod prime 3,red steel,mario galaxys and of course ZELDA!!!!!! (at last)

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
nintendos new console is all multiplayer younger audience stuff from what i've read its killed off by the fact microsoft and sony do more serious games for older audiences. also there pads aren't ****. since the N64 nintendos pads have been unbearable. and before u bash the xbox pad i liked it and sonys pads on psx and ps2 were spot on
Quote by budmo_jiggler

Why don't you ****ing realize this is The Pit, where ANYTHING not guitar related can be discussed?
Quote by Glory_Box
They may be the most successful company of all time, but with the last gen consoles, the PS2 sold massivly compared the the 'cube.

And the various game boys sold similarly to the ps2. Then there's all the games...

Oh, and the gamecube was no less successful with adults, and no more targeted at children than any other nintendo console. Less so, if its abundance of survival horror games is anything to go by. Why people insist on repeating that blatant lie over and over is beyond me.

^^What's wrong with your hands?
Quote by meh!
I am a fat, cheating bastard and I like men and I'm fat and gay. I'm also a paedo, and I don't really play guitar, I just use UG to pick up preteen boys.
Last edited by genocidal at Jun 21, 2006,
^ Gamecube wasn't even a commercial failure anyways. Nintendo always made a profit on their hardware. Even though it didn't outsell the PS2, it still made nintendo some money.

Oh yeah, Nintendo are probably the most successful now. Their DS is selling like crazy everywhere.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
^I even heard that their profits were higher than Sony's.

Absolutely! Watch the Red Steel clips... that's the sole reason Nintendo's coming back.
Quote by funkynasoo
nintendos new console is all multiplayer younger audience stuff from what i've read its killed off by the fact microsoft and sony do more serious games for older audiences. also there pads aren't ****. since the N64 nintendos pads have been unbearable. and before u bash the xbox pad i liked it and sonys pads on psx and ps2 were spot on

"Serious" games aren't all that fun. "Kid's" games are great, like Pikmin, and Super Smash Brother's. I greatly enjoyed them.
Quote by budmo_jiggler

Idiot.

I dont know, people will still buy it. Nintendo are going downhill.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Inimical
^I even heard that their profits were higher than Sony's.

Absolutely! Watch the Red Steel clips... that's the sole reason Nintendo's coming back.

Their profits have always been higher than sony's. They sell more consoles, they make money on the ones they do sell, and they sell more games.

And red steel does look insane.
Quote by meh!
I nearly died when I saw it. Never have I been so excited for a console. You can put money on me being in line midnight of the release date.
Quote by Woo!Yay!
"Serious" games aren't all that fun. "Kid's" games are great, like Pikmin, and Super Smash Brother's. I greatly enjoyed them.

Pikmin was my favourite game on Gamecube, it was awesome!
Quote by rush4life
Why don't you ****ing realize this is The Pit, where ANYTHING not guitar related can be discussed?

your mom
Quote by funkynasoo

what! the xbox control pad was erganomically sh*t! the playstations ones weren't too special either. they weren't bad but the gamecube control pads were a hell of a lot more comfortable. they're so much more comfortable i didn't even think people would think anything else. i do admit that the gamecube ones don't look to great though.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Sticky Tissue: King of Threads.

Seriously, 99% of your threads are awesome.

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

give 'em a lick... you know you want to

Champion of the 2005 UG paints competition
Quote by flame843
I was unaware that Nintendo needed to make a comeback...as far as I know, they're doing fine as it is.

The name "wii" still annoys me, but I might get it anyway. Red Steel looks great.

As I said in a previous thread, Nintendo has been screwing things up with all their systems for a few years. Might be marketting strategy, might be purely by accident.

All I know is that "Wii" has created insane contreversy and made me look into the console a little more... now I want it.
^ I refuse to call it that the revolution was a much better name.
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Quote by goodbydresden
I dont know about America but in England Nintendo just doesnt exist, there going down im afraid

Even if that were true (which it isn't), do you think they'd care? England is hardly the most important market for the gaming industry, is it?
Quote by meh!
Quote by radiantmoon
do you think nintendo will make a comeback with their next machine, or do you think that playstation will beat their ass just like every other time?

Of course Nintendo'll pwn. As always.

And every other time, you say? Did they beat them with the NES or SNES? No, 'cos they weren't even fucking making games at those times.

Asshole.
Quote by Guitar_God_WIP
Volkl has God-like Nintendo knowledge

Like Nintendo? PM me for more..
Quote by genocidal

yeah, im mainly talking about the n64 and gamecube. Back in the day they were huge, but now it seems playstation are betting them with popularity and sales. I myself love both consoles, but it just seems as though everytime a new machine launch happens, sony wins.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by Stula1031
^ I refuse to call it that the revolution was a much better name.

I'm still in denial. I lie awake at night thinking "No... they didn't do that. It's a joke."
Quote by radiantmoon
yeah, im mainly talking about the n64 and gamecube. Back in the day they were huge, but now it seems playstation are betting them with popularity and sales. I myself love both consoles, but it just seems as though everytime a new machine launch happens, sony wins.

"They're" is present tense. If sony is beating them on sales it's only been in the last year or so when I stopped paying attention. Popularity is pretty useless if it doesn't lead to sales.
Quote by meh!
Quote by genocidal
"They're" is present tense. If sony is beating them on sales it's only been in the last year or so when I stopped paying attention. Popularity is pretty useless if it doesn't lead to sales.

um, popularity does lead to sales. You cant honestly say that nintendo are doing better than sony at the moment. I think they should develop more games for an older audience aswel as their classics like mario and zelda. Im not saying they dont have any adult games, just not enough. Just look what happened to the dreamcast.
Playstation 2 is nearing the end of its life. The sale of units is falling because its at the end of its product lifecycle. I think they are gonna get their asses kicked by the competition. The PS3 is too damn expensive.

Edit - I could not give a rat ass if they didn't have any adult games. I've always had more fun playing 'kiddy' games like SSBM or Mario.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by radiantmoon
um, popularity does lead to sales. You cant honestly say that nintendo are doing better than sony at the moment. I think they should develop more games for an older audience aswel as their classics like mario and zelda. Im not saying they dont have any adult games, just not enough. Just look what happened to the dreamcast.

I can say they are. Last time I checked, PS2's were breaking down left, right and center and the DS is absolutely destroying the PSP in sales.
Quote by Inimical
I can say they are. Last time I checked, PS2's were breaking down left, right and center and the DS is absolutely destroying the PSP in sales.

Hell, I've been through two PS2's already. I ain't gonna be replacing the one I have now.

^My buddy's been through 2 as well... and people aren't even paying for the second. EB gives you a refurbed one.
As long as there are casual gamers, the Playstations will always do well with their lack of innovation, and general mediocrity.

Personally, I couldn't care less how well or badly the Wii sells in comparison to the PS3, so long as the game quality is up to Nintendo's usual standard. Although I'm pretty sure that the 360 will outsell them both by far.
^So far, numbers are showing otherwise. The 360 isn't doing nearly as well as people thought it would.

Quite frankly, the 360 hasn't done anything to amaze me. Except GRAW... GRAW's sick.
They really need to cut the price of it. Take advantage of the head start that benefited the PS2 so much.

It's bound to attract the more FPS-oriented gamers, anyway. Other than Metroid Prime and a select few others, Microsoft seem to have something of a monopoly on decent FPSs.
Quote by radiantmoon

Then you were incorrect to say that sony are more popular.

They are doing better. Their hardware sales figures are not as good, but their software sales figures are far better and their overall profits are also better.

Nintendo has just as many 'mature' games as anyone else.
Quote by meh!
Page 1 of 3