how do you determine descent tone? i hear people talking about how this person or that amp or those pickups in that guitar or that pedal gives a bad tone. I can understand what a digital tone would sound like. the term "muddy" is often used.

this is probably an unanswerable question. as it's all personal preference.
You mean decent tone?

IMO a good tone is one that can make you feel like you've just been kicked in the stomach when it's chugging on rhythm, can make you cry when it's soloing, and never, EVER gets drowned out by the drums.
That is for u to decide. When this is said, people often mean that they don't like the sound very much, simply that it makes more noise than sound, y'know? That u can't really hear what note your'e playing (that may have something to do with their techniqe, but i dunno)
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
when i think good tone i think "smooth". it kinda flows and all comes together.

you'll know it when you hear it (though you may need to see it live to really appreciate it or criticize it)
Quote by Danno13
You mean decent tone?

IMO a good tone is one that can make you feel like you've just been kicked in the stomach when it's chugging on rhythm, can make you cry when it's soloing, and never, EVER gets drowned out by the drums.

+1

+1

+a cookie
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!