hey i have been playing guitar for quite a while now mostly just strumming and fingerpicking stuff but now i want to get more into soloing, so i was thinking of maybe some steve vai stuff as i have heard great things although i havent heard any of his stuff can someone recommend some cool beginner solo stuff?
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
steve vai is not good to start with. I would start with some red hot chili peppers first.
Woah, woah. If you are just starting to solo, you shouldn't start with Steve Vai! lol.

Maybe try some RHCP as suggested or some AC/DC.
ok well what RHCP and AC/DC songs have good solos in them?
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
all night long has a good one, back in black. they stick to the pentatonic scales and it's a good example of how you can use them.
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
ah right, cheers. well im not a complete beginner at soloing i know some solos like the solo in modern age by the strokes, not highly impressive but still....
can i get anymore song examples please?
The Song Remains the Same,
by Led Zeppelin.

The first solo in it, it sicks to pentatonics, but it might be a little fast.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Paranoid by Black Sabbath has a fun solo
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
The solos in Californication and Scar Tissue are incredibly easy. Try some RHCP stuff.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
Paranoid aint a bad idea. its pretty easy to play, the hardest part is almost the intro
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
i honestly dont know why anyone sits down and makes note to learn a steve vai solo note for note.. ****in retarded.
lol yes the song remains the same is rather fast
Another good Black Sabbath song with some cool solos is Iron Man. They are kinda fast but nothing crazy...
i think that love thing by joe satriani is an ok one.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
cheers for the help people, you are all very helpful in here, not like the pit lol
6DgOfInTb in that solo in "the song remains the same" at about 50 seconds into the song, is he hammering on and pulling off or is it fast picking? if it is just fast picking could you give me some advice on doing it?
Quote by skatooter
6DgOfInTb in that solo in "the song remains the same" at about 50 seconds into the song, is he hammering on and pulling off or is it fast picking? if it is just fast picking could you give me some advice on doing it?
I think it's all hammering/pulling/sliding, but if you want to pick it, use some down-up (alternate picking) and practice a lot.
oh, its hammering on and pulling off.
at least, i think so.
thats how i do it lol
sorry, havent payed attention much after i posted :-x
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

really? and theres me practicing it with alternate picking dag nabbit lol