Hey I was just looking at this...

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_artikel-178988.html

Does anyone know if its a decent amp? Because last time I looked a 50 watt valve/tube combo costed a lot more than 568 euros?? Is there a reason its so cheap?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
My friend has one and i think it is cool.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
thanks...what kinda music is it good for?

Anyone else got any opinions?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

I got one recently (From that site too ) And I love it, Great distortion, Great cleans. Versatile too, I Can go from Thin Lizzy to Cradle of Filth with my Epiphone Les Paul.

EDIT: BTW, That picture shows it with a headphones jack but It doesn't have one. I think some of the older ones have it but I ordered one from that site about a month ago and It doesn't have a headphones jack
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I heard that the cleans weren't great, but i don't really play much clean stuff on electric anyways, so would you think it would suit Pantera (I know Dimebag used Randall), Metallica, Megadeth, Tool?

Thanks

Oh and how much did it cost you for delivery and stuff?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Delivery was ?15. To be honest it's kinda hard to get a pantera kinda tone on it as while Dimebag did use Randalls, He used Solid-States rather than Tubes. You can do Pantera on it but It wont sound exactly like Dimebags tone. Apart from that though, It is good for Metallica and Megadeth stuff, Not so sure about Tool as I don't listen to them much. But it is a good all round amp
cool, would you think there are any better amps in that kinda range? (I'm guessing no since you bought one, but you know what I mean)
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

in the US, it's 600 i believe and for that price is tough to get a tube metal tone...the only competitor i can think is the Ashdown Fallen Angel, which is probably better, and as you're in euroland, it'd be even cheaper over there

look into that one as well
-Mike
Quote by supermc
cool, would you think there are any better amps in that kinda range? (I'm guessing no since you bought one, but you know what I mean)

That's true But I think that it's worth having a look around anyways. As HopePoisoned mentioned, there is the Ashdown Fallen Angel. I Actually looked for one but I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. If you can find one though it mightn't be a bad idea to try it out, I've heard good things about Ashdowns except for a few reliability issues.
cool I'll check it out, thanks...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by supermc
thanks...what kinda music is it good for?

Well they use it for rock/grunge and some clean stuff.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
about the ashdown, doesn't digital effects defeat the purpose of getting a tube amp?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

^ Not necessarily, the Hughes And Kettner Switchblade has built in effects.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having effects in the amp but I don't think it effects the quality of the amp really.
Are ashdown available in Ireland dude?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are, I've seen plenty of Ashdown Bass amps in Dublin anyway. I haven't actually found a Fallen Angel anywhere but if there are Bass Ashdowns around then there's no reason why there shouldn't be Guitar ones.
I'm seeing it on www.guitarbargains.com but its more expensive than the Randall
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

just to answer your original question, it's cheap (like the ashdown) because it's made in china. I haven't tried the randall, but I've tried the ashdown. The digi-fx doesn't destroy the tubey-ness of the amp, you can just turn them off. But i'd have vastly preferred spring reverb.

either musician inc or music maker in dublin did ashdown the last time I was in (about two years ago, unfortunately) but I can't remember if they had any fallen angels...

know anywhere you can try that randall?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I asked a guy to look in Dublin for me and he said a Fallen Angel is 850, which is way too expensive for me, and the Randall, I doubt its available anywhere in Ireland, would probably have to buy online...so I'm considering just upgrading my Marshall MG to a Roland Cube or something and then saving up for a proper tube amp like a Marshall JCM or something in a while....Any thoughts?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

^ well, i mean a randall rg50tc is a proper tube amp, it just happens to be made in china. Like the fallen angel.

The problem is not being able to try it. it could suck. that's true. But it also could be a great little amp, but just plain not suit your tastes, which means it'd suck to you, while everyone else would also be correct in saying it was good, if it suited them.

Which is why it's virtually impossible to buy without trying...

And I dunno, I'm not too fussed on the new marshall jcm's...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by supermc
about the ashdown, doesn't digital effects defeat the purpose of getting a tube amp?

hahahaa no...absolutely not, pro effects are digital too - rackmounted and digital

IE, the TC Electronics rack gear, the Eventide line, intellifex, rsp550, replifex, intelliverb, etc. etc.

just look at the MP1 and MP2 preamps, or another tube midi preamp (triaxis or engl e580)

that old proverb, "dont judge a book by its cover" - yeah.....
-Mike
fair enough the TC electronics are very good, so i guess digital effects are good

And to Dave Mc, I wasn't being literal about the JCM, I just meant until I can afford a proper all tube professional kind of amp, I was considering just getting a Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT...but I prefer metal and shred, so would you recommend the Cube 30 for about 200 euros?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

for metal and stuff, cube is definitely better. especially for shred.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
yeah its probably the way I'll go

How is it for reliability and stuff?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

fine, good track record

what do you plan to do with this thing anyway? what's the cube for?
-Mike
I plan to play in my room, for practice basically, but is it ok to run a, for example, Dunlop 535Q Crybaby through a Roland Cube? I'm asking because I know pedals aren't good for modelling amps...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

as far as I know, that's hogwash. It won't mess up your amp or anything. It might sound a little off, but that would be the worst that could happen methinks. I run a od/dist pedal through my vox and it's fine.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by supermc
And to Dave Mc, I wasn't being literal about the JCM, I just meant until I can afford a proper all tube professional kind of amp, I was considering just getting a Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT...but I prefer metal and shred, so would you recommend the Cube 30 for about 200 euros?

ah, ok, sorry about that.

I haven't tried the valvetronix, and have only tried the microcube, so I'll stay out of the modelling amp discussion.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah do whatever you want with the cube, it won't be any more or less than the tone it already has (unless the crybaby is just a tone killer or is noisy in general)

modelling has no relevence to it's workhorse nature
-Mike
Ok I'm undecided once again, because I've just found a Laney LC15 in Ireland and its 299 euros, so I'm back to thinking about it again....

So its either get a Cube for now for about 200 and then save and get a decent tube amp maybe a year down the line, or get the Laney now and be broke....

Its a hard decision...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

^ see if you can get a hold of the vc15 to try as well- it's a little more (like £50), but has two channels etc. I hear the transformers are under-specced in the smaller lc's too, but they may be in the vc's as well. I'd pm power freak to see what he says.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok well thanks for the help, I'll think about it
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby