Do any of you guys play this? Im just curious, is it possible to play this with one guitar? I use two, I play the melody and my friend plays the harmony. It took us a week to learn it.

But, I saw a couple of videos on Youtube.com and I saw guys playing the song on one guitar, wtf? How is that possible? Can anyone give me some hints. ty
I would be very impressed to see that done live, but I don't know how he's pulling it off wiht 1 guitar
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
It's played classical; one of the first tremelo pieces I ever played. Pretty standard, the thumb carries the harmony, the fingers play the melody. The left hand's all over the place with some fun chords.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Umm, I tried that, you cant carry the melody with just a thumb, I use my thumb, index, and middle finger for that. Does that mean they use their two lower fingers for the harmony? Seems impossible. I can do this song on two guittars no problem, but one?
Quote by Jakrahal
wow, how the hell is that possible?
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice and more practice...
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Its supposed to be played with one guitar, you play the melody with your thumb and at the same time your index, middle and ring finger play the tremolo picking, it takes alot of practice I'm currently learning that song, too.

Practice, practice and practice
Good luck
Quote by cubs
Its supposed to be played with one guitar, you play the melody with your thumb and at the same time your index, middle and ring finger play the tremolo picking, it takes alot of practice I'm currently learning that song, too.

Practice, practice and practice
Good luck

Ok, when I was 15 I knew that technique, the one where you use your index, middle, ring finger to play a single note really fast like in Alhambra, but I forgot how to. Can some of you guys just refresh my memory, like wich finger should hit the string first?

Also, I had a very good teacher, and mostly it was Flamenco I was learning. I can play "Asturias" no problem, and I thought that was hard. This song is harder wow.
^ for three note trem it's a-m-i, for four it's a-m-i-m. Rec takes most (good) players 3-6 months to learn well enough to perform -- and that's assuming you're ready to learn it --, and let's be real, classical tremelo is something you never really perfect.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God

Quote by Jakrahal
Ok, when I was 15 I knew that technique, the one where you use your index, middle, ring finger to play a single note really fast like in Alhambra, but I forgot how to. Can some of you guys just refresh my memory, like wich finger should hit the string first?

Also, I had a very good teacher, and mostly it was Flamenco I was learning. I can play "Asturias" no problem, and I thought that was hard. This song is harder wow.

Asturias is a two finger tremelo
recuerdos is a 3 finger tremelo and there is a lot of changes in the chords
Quote by Corwinoid
^ for three note trem it's a-m-i, for four it's a-m-i-m. Rec takes most (good) players 3-6 months to learn well enough to perform -- and that's assuming you're ready to learn it --, and let's be real, classical tremelo is something you never really perfect.

wats "A" stand for? i keep seeing that in flamenco threads here.

for fingers i always thinkg " P R M I" pinky ring middle index, or is A M I not fingers??
pulgar, indice, medio, and anular. A is the same thing as your ring finger.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God

Quote by Jakrahal

You can do it like this a-m-i-a-m-i or like this a-m-i-m-a, the first one seems easier to me but, try both and practice the one thats easier for you.
ty for all the help guys, now i have to unlearn to play the melody with index and thumb, im guessing the thumb is the only thing carrying the melody. And yea Asturias is easier than this.