ok on my ibanez i've got a broken wire that connects to the jack on the guitar. Now I don't have a sadering(sp) iron so I can't fix it myself or else I would. So i'm wondering if i took it into a shop how much do you think it would cost to get them to repair it, or would it just be cheaper to buy the iron and do it myself.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
It'd probably be about $20 at least. Guitar stores rape you for minor adjustments.
local shop might be a bit more merciful price wise. but thats about right.

if uve got 10 bucks u can pick up a soldering iron and some solder. fix it in about 2 mins.

and just wondering, did it break when u were hand tightening the nut on the input jack?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
local shop might be a bit more merciful price wise. but thats about right.

if uve got 10 bucks u can pick up a soldering iron and some solder. fix it in about 2 mins.

and just wondering, did it break when u were hand tightening the nut on the input jack?

alright judgeing by the comments i think i'll just go with buying an iron.

and yes... yes i did break it like that

why do you ask?
Jeff Loomis

cause EVERYone does that once. doing it twice, is only for guys that never learn.

here is a photo i made to explain the correct way to tighten. and if u get an iron look for one thats about 35watts.
and 60/40 rosin core solder.

repost if u have any questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

dude same thing ibanez is japanese and they have crappy solder....u dont need a soldering iron

same thing hapened to me i just opened up the back plate (or pickguard if u have one) and put the wire on the contact....i just wraped around but u could tape or something if u wanted
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
and i hate how the jack is always lose and u cant tighten it even if u hold the jack its mest up
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
ok firstly, chicken, u need to solder it. u shouldnt just tape and tie up wires.
secondly, its not the solder but the spinning that breaks off the wire.
thirdly, take off ur jack nut and add a gripped washer. hold both ends and retighten.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thank you very much jj1565, after i get the wire reconnected i'll try the gripped washer hopefully it'll stay nice and tight
Jeff Loomis

you're welcome. after u pick up an iron, follow the instructions on the package. and repost if u get confused.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62