Anyone like Mike V And The Rats? I would classify them as punk/grunge. Anyway, does anybody else like them?
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
i like them.....i skate so thats how i got into them i guess

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Man Mike V is intense, I've seen him skate, play, lecture, wrestle, fight and he will still say thank you for holding the door. What a guy, seriously.
SIZE]
hell yea man i'm all good with mike v. somepunkkid said that he should stick to skating......why? b/c you don't like the band or his voice? honestly skating and punk are i dunno how to say it but all music and skating have ties. and there are a lot of pros that ae in bands and are pretty damn good
I never understood why skateboarding is such a big part of punk.

It's still a sport and has that jock mentality thats representative of mainstream culture. But I'm also an idiot.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
I never understood why skateboarding is such a big part of punk.

It's still a sport and has that jock mentality thats representative of mainstream culture. But I'm also an idiot.

well for a long time skateboarding wasn't as mainstream as it now is (with all the video games and such). it was seen as something that was radical and not well accepted (basically starting in the 1970s and 1980s) so it was somewhat synonymous with punk...

edit: oh yeah and it would be kickass if the name was "Mike V. attacked by Rats"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
There pretty good. I could stand to listen to 'em.

And yes, skateboarding and punk rock, go together like peanutbutter and jelly. Someone said skateboarding contains a jock mentality. I don't see it. I'm a skater, and most skaters are laid back and accepting (or they might just be stoned...lol).
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
he shoved a pole up the lads arse.

he didn't bumshag him.
^ while it might not seem like a jock mentality on the surface, there's still that idea of trying to "one up" each other with tricks. I dunno, it always bothered me. I'm more interested in building fun communities than competing with each other in ditches.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Skating has really gone downhill since it's gone mainstream. Things like Bam, thps's, and Pac Sun have just totally ruined it. I think it's pretty bad ass that Mike V. is trying to keep it together through music.

It took me a few listens to appreciate the musical aspect though. Their lyrics are pretty generic and poorly written, but the actual music makes up for it and I got used to it pretty fast lol.
"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough youll end up where you were."
- Isaac Brock

Real Men Dig Feminists

... and love pink!
ok, i admit Bam Margera is an asshole and all, but CKY videos are pretty funny...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
ok, i admit Bam Margera is an asshole and all, but CKY videos are pretty funny...

Check out the Steve-O solo vids. They blow CKY out of the water.
wot?