ok, i would like to have a V style guitar in my guitar selection..and i want a Randy Rhoads V, and the only one i can come close ot affording seems to be the RX10 Rhoads...which looks nice, but whats it play like? ( i wont have much of an oppurtunity to try one out)...and hows the Floyd on this?...i wont be using it that much probably..but just incas i do feel like using it...and is there any other hardtail style Randy rhoads V's that arent incredibly expensive?...or the other Jackson Dinky's?...(no JS models, i heard they arent very good...and i want something that will last along time)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

The trem will probably suck hard..... Got a link?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Dude, I wouldn't be too hopeful about the RX10, maybe look at an RR3? A bit bettter but it's just not gonna match the more expensive ones of course.
Thanks for reading
i have the 2005 dk2 dinky and it seems pretty good to me. i was a little worried if the trem would be ok (it's a licenced FR) but it turned out to be fine, it stays in tune well. the neck is great in my opinion except the fact that it's a bolt on so it's a little harder to play on high frets but not a big problem really. now, the 2005 king v (kvx10d) was a string trough model so you wouldn't have to worry about FR quality. the only thing that's not so good about it are the pickups (duncan designed) but they're ok. so if you can find that one it would be a good choice for you, i beieve, because the new one has a FR.
I have an SLSMG Soloist..
Its a little bit higher up on the ladder than the one your looking at...
But its quality is superb.
Only downside is the passive Emg's..
but may i just say, neck-thru jackson = instant awesome
Quote by chrisbeevor
Dude, I wouldn't be too hopeful about the RX10, maybe look at an RR3? A bit bettter but it's just not gonna match the more expensive ones of course.

the RR3 is like 3000000 canadian dollars....and the trem is a Licensed Floyd Rose...its not perfect but it would be decent enough if i dont plan on using it that much...i jsut want a Randy Style V...and heres a link the the RX10
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911400586

that should work
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

every jackson except js series and USA are made in japan so good build quality i guess. and even if FR turns out to be a little ****ty you can directly swap it with OFR on a jackson.
edit: i checked out the link, that guitar has the same FR as mine (JT580LP), and mine seems pretty decent...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jun 21, 2006,
sweet...and there is no option to get taht one as a hardtail instead of FR right?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^^no, only the 2005 kvx10d king V i mentioned, it's still a V, but a little differend than RR. and i'm not sure if you can still find it new since it's a last year model.
some people say that LFR on a jackson is either a hit or a miss, i guess mine was a hit. it would be the best if you could try one at the store if possible...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jun 21, 2006,
yeah i agree..and whats the King V like?...is it more uncomfortable or the same as the Randy Rhoads V when your sitting?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^^can't really tell, haven't tried it. i guess not much difference... have you seen the pics of it?
yeah...the Rhoads V seems like it would be mroe comfortable sitting down and even when you are standing up doing a solo,. seems like it would fit perfectly into your lap...the king V would too...but probably not as comfortable...but i havent tried either of them..so
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

the king v would be better if you change tunings often. you can't really do it that easy on FR.
Which model RX10 is it? I've played the RX10-DX (my next gutar lol) and it played as good if not better than my Jackson Performer PS-4 the floyd is pretty good, sounds great too. Go for it man.
Ibanez RGA7
Ibanez RG2550E
Guitar Rig 5
Roland Cube 30X
REAPER
Fruity Loops 9
Man an RR3 is $800 with a graphic finish here in St. John's. So it cant be that much. And RX10D here was $600. Just save the extra cash and get the RR3. Oh and the floyd is fine on the RX.
Don't get the RX. The input jack is on the bottom wing which is terribly inconvienent, sure the rhoads may be more comfortable to sit down with, but whats the point when you have the f-ing cord sticking out? =P

Get the rr3.
the floyd rose on jackson guitars is fine. it broke once on me, but it was an easy and cheap fix.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
really?...the RR3 was only 800 bucks?...and i never ever detune...well..once in a blue moon...and i never really use a whammy bar...so a Floyd isnt neccesary...cani get the RR3 with a hardtail instead of FR?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I have the RX, it's a fine guitar. The trem does it's job but nothing more than that and after a while the screw on the whammy bar rattles a little so one is constantly tightening it. Also you can't pull it back as much as on a real floyd.

So a little work is necessary to fix those things, the input jack on the lower wing is fine if you have an L shaped plug otherwise it's somewhat annoying.

But all in all it's a good guitar, it looks great, it plays great, the neck is very nice
I stole this signature