Hi I'm looking at getting a FR equipped guitar, but have no need for a FR, so I was wondering if there is a way to convert a FR to a fixed bridge with it looking like a professional "was built like that" kinda feel.

I would get the same guitar with a fixed bridge or something similar, but there isn't much like it in terms of looks so was just wondeing if this was a viable option
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Blocking up a trem is a very bad move (IMHO) especially with a guitar BUILT with a trem and a FR Trem at that, but if you want to block it, yes thats possible.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
Blocking up a trem is a very bad move (IMHO) especially with a guitar BUILT with a trem and a FR Trem at that, but if you want to block it, yes thats possible.

I don't know what you're smoking, but it is totally fine to block a trem.
He could just put something along the line of a tremel-no, and it would be simple, and he could still have the floyd there in case he ever wants to use it...
Last edited by Striketalonx at Jun 21, 2006,
Why not just buy a guitar without a Floyd Rose?
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
he has allready stated the answer to this question, that was a pointless post, and yes it is possible, you are also able to keep the floyd routing on the guitar and just use a fixed bridge and change into your floyd if ever needed, and also its not harmfull to the guitar if you block the floyd route, i just suggest using the same wood as the body...for tone reasons..
Im working on doing the same thing on my slammer hammer, only not a floyd rose, I would just much rather have a standard bridge. Ill post pictures on how it goes.

P.S. I second Schecter
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jun 21, 2006,
buy a tremol-no from allparts. i'm surprised not as many people mention this on UG as some other forums do.

but of course, the tremol-no isn't the perfect solution. you will still have the issue of it being locking on the neck and bridge. the tremol-no is awesome, though.
Quote by kaplac
what guitar is it?

Well I was thinking of a Razorback since it sounded ****ing mean when I tried it and I love the look of them, but I hate FR with a passion, so I'm thinking of blocking the trem or taking it out completely and fitting it with a fied bridge so that it looks like it was built like that.

Obviously they don't make them without a FR so this was the best option, thanks everyone for the suggestions, but what's a tremel-no?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
what's a tremel-no?

straight from temol-no.com:

Q- What is a Tremol-No™ ?
A- The Tremol-No™ is an internationally patent-pending device that is added to an electric guitar equipped with a tremolo/vibrato unit. It allows guitarists to turn their tremolo unit "on" or "off".
Q- What the heck is the "Deep-C™"?
A- The Deep-C™ is an accessory that comes with every Tremol-No™ unit. When locked in place, the Deep-C™ allows full floating tremolos to function as 'dive-only' tremolos. Just like the Tremol-No™, it installs with no modifications to the guitar, and can be slipped on in under a minute. For example, your fully floating trem can now be full floating, or 'dive-only', or hardtail. Changing between the three takes mere seconds.

they run for about $60USD. it might sound like some crappy gimmick that doesn't work, but a lot of people swear by them, and i haven't seen any complaints. i might pick one up.