In piano grades, you must reach Grade 5 in Theory Of Music before you can take the Grade 6 examination for the actual instrument. Do any rules such as this apply for guitar exams, or can you go as high as you can without taking any theory?

This isn't a problem for me, I play 4 instruments and can do theory at an alright standard, but I was wondering whether I would have to take any more exams.
It probably depends on where you take guitar. Like in my lessons, we just work on theory, then move into a song. We don't do any tests. Its just an informal lesson i guess. But if you went to a school for it, I'm sure there would be tests, like, for understanding or something.
Whats the exam board? and no offense but why arent you asking them ? I reckon they would know...
Quote by Applehead
Whats the exam board? and no offense but why arent you asking them ? I reckon they would know...

I have no idea.

My guitar teacher is great at teaching the instrument... But he doesn't have a clue what he's doing most the time.
there's theory on every exam. For the lower levels its very much the same, but as you progress it becomes more tide and true to your instrument even though all theory is the same.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
There is theory on every exam, but some exams you cannot actually take unless you have passed another grade before it in theory. piano for sure...