ok yeah ive used these speakers in a krank cab and i thought it sounded kewl

but will it be good with a peavey 6505 in a 4x12 cab...i want someting different than the usual bland sounding V30s reply on speakers

i play melodic death metal and i have the choice of these speakers Celestion Vintage 30s, Greenbacks , G12H30s, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s , Hellatone 60Ls, Eminence Swamp Thangs, Govenors, Private Jacks, Tonkers, Texas Heats,
Tonespotters

and i thought since ive played the texas heats ...yeah i should get them..becuase im tried of the bland celestions
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
that depends...do you play much clean...texas heats break up at lower volumes i find
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i play some cleans yeah..its moldic death..it goes clean a tad less then power metal....

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Then no, you won't be able to sustain a good or decent clean at high volumes and the 6505's already not that great clean won't help either, just stick with V30's
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I agree, stick with the V30's. The eminence texas heat's will break up at lower volumes, so they effectively eliminate cleans.
or you could go for eminence legends...very clean sounding
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

so the hold up to the gain i demand though.......whats the absolute best speaker on that list.....

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
does no one know anything about any other speaker over the ****ing V30...does anyone stray away form the "norm"

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I use texas heats and I like 'em, unfortunately for you I have no idea which of those speakers are the best for you...all I can say is the texas heats seem to be pretty good speakers...I've never had any problem playing clean stuff with 'em, there is some break-up, but I've found there isn't too much to play cleans...if you like to turn your bottom end up to 11 and keep your highs down then there are other speakers that would suit you better, texas heats aren't made for that...but, if you don't need a subwoofer speaker texas heats will probably be fine...fyi I play ALOT of stuff... melo-death, thrash, many other types of metal, blues, and classic rock is what I play most of the time and my speakers do that all for me fine...good luck
Member of UG's gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join.
well that was like the best responce to this thread yet......^^ i dont need a subwoofer type of speaker...but i like a bit of punch...my usuall set up is

bass: 5
Mids: 4
Treble :8-10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
soo....thread bump

but what speaker will give me somewhat of an original tone...if the V30's are simply the best ill get em..but yeah....i want n original sound

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Uh, speakers won't really make or break your own "tone" so it doesn't really matter.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
ok then....V30s it is

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3