This is kind of odd, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Does anyone else have trouble bending two half steps on a Strat? I even bent the b string until my finger was under the d, and it refuses to go any higher than one half step up. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem. It only happens between the 7th and 9th frets.

Oh yeah, yes I use two fingers to bend.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
Sounds like a trip to the repair man may be in order. With the problem being localized to the 7th-9th frets, it sounds like the frets may need a bit of dressing. This is not an uncommon problem with strats or all guitars for that matter. Fret dressing is nothing more than making sure the frets are of the correct height and shape. Hope this helps.
why not get new strings and lower the action? I never had trouble whatsoever bending on my Strat, in fact I can bend very easily on it. It's so amazing.
you can only bend a half step?wow thats not normal

i tihnk professional setup is in order

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by thetearsibleed
you can only bend a half step?wow thats not normal

i tihnk professional setup is in order

Yeah, that's the weird thing. I just had it set-up and re-strung maybe four days ago In fairness, it was a problem beforehand--I just thought the setup would make it go away. I also had him put .10's on so that the strings wouldn't sound so wimpy (single coils). I've never played an electric with that gauge before.....but strength isn't the issue. I can't bend one and a half steps on my acoustic (when I choose to do so) so I have to think my hands are plenty strong.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.