first, i already know how to play power chords, but i cant mvoe them that well. and right after i learn that im going to start my long journey on learning canon rock( it will be pretty long as ive been playing for only 3 days). can someone list everything techniche ill need to know, and how i should get started learning it.(and how long it will probbally take me) also when you give me each part/techniqhe to practice can you give me a practice song to help. i know im asking alot, but im really new.
you shouldn't be doing Canon so early, but who's gonna stop ya?

anyways, practice slowly and with 2-note powerchords, then move up and do 3-note.
Please, do not try Canon Rock if you've been playing three days. You will not learn it, and you will give up on it, and maybe even guitar. Besides, hearing you play it would be like the time your best friend told you he had nailed Eruption and sat in his room watching painfully as he mortified the song. Anyways, get a teacher and learn some EASY songs, trust me. Canon Rock has a lot of advanced techniques used in it, not to mention he does a sweep or two, which I can barely pull off and I've been playing for 3 years.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
It's good to set your goals high.

I would, however, be sure to concentrate on other items as well. Learn some scales, chords (other than power) and etc...If you concentrate to hard on Canon rock and nothing else you'll likely get bored and frustrated and perhaps even stop playing.

Set yourself up a good practice schedule. 10 minutes of chords, 10-15 of scales, a set of easier songs, and then stick in a bit of more challenging stuff, such as Canon. You don't want to work yourslef into a corner where all you can do is plan Canon and nothing else!
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
i know, im not really going to learn the full song so early, i just want to get up to when they start the power chords, and to 4string-tsurigi, i dont get what your saying, i can already do 3 string power chords, i just cant move them that fast (takes me about a second)
Seriously, don't try Canon Rock just after "mastering" power chords. You're better off learnind and mastering easier songs and slowly progressing upwards to more difficult songs. Starting off with a difficult song is not going to make you better any faster.
so your saying, i should practice 2 note power chords first, be able to move them around freely, then go to 3 note power chords?

and how does this practice schedual sound
15 min chords(no power chords)
15 min scales
10 min practice easy songs
5 min power chords
15 min mixed

1 more questions, i dont know what easy songs i should practice, any examples please
Learn some metallica riffs like seek and destroy, enter sandman, for whom the bell tolls for really beginner stuff
Actually, for a really easy song try Smells Like Teen Spirit. It'll help you move power chords pretty quick and there's a VERY easy solo.
Quote by 1crazyboy7
so your saying, i should practice 2 note power chords first, be able to move them around freely, then go to 3 note power chords?

and how does this practice schedual sound
15 min chords(no power chords)
15 min scales
10 min practice easy songs
5 min power chords
15 min mixed

1 more questions, i dont know what easy songs i should practice, any examples please

Sounds about 23 hours too short.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
i cant practice that long, lol. probbally, i could go to 1/2 hour. i would love to go more, but my mom dosnt want to spend too much time on guitar in the summer

nd, btw smells like teen spirit REALLY helped me with power chords, i can change power chords a lot faster now.
well i found master of puppets an easy one, but not the whole thing (christ you'll be mad to attempt the whole thing) just try the first couple of bars. a simple song to play is Chad Kroeger Hero but that requires the use of open position and powerchords but is a good easy song to learn, also the rhythm bits to velvet revolver slither is easy, white stripes - even nation army. and thats about all i did before i got lessons then I started on stuff that challenged me and made me have to play to good standard but another way to get high standards in playing is by getting a teacher with them too.

any complaints abotu my comment from the rest of you guys and i really couldnt care
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
You would have to sweep, pinch harmonic, artificial harmonic, slide, vibrato, hammer-on, pull-offs, tapping. I think thats most of the technique(sp?) that you would need to get started to play Canon Rock by JerryC. It is a very difficult song, if you haven't seen the video clicky here ------------------------>LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6j3Fu9DES8&search=canon%20rock
^ I'm pretty sure that if he already knows about the song, he's most likely already seen the video.
You can play the first beginning, maybe accomplish power chords but skip the 2 notes and 3 notes LOL then play the high part, then skip the rest till the power chords again :P

I still cant play the sweeps i just skip them :\
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Sorry, but you'll have to play for months before you can master that song. And you'll definitly have to practice more than one hour a day.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
how long will i have to practice a day( i cant longer then 2 and a half hours prob)
Since you've only been playing for 3 days, just playing simple chord progressions (Man Who Sold the World- Nirvana) can be very good practice, it will help you with open chords (very important) and get you better aquainted with the fretboard.

But you'll have to be a virtuoso to be friends with the fretboard. That takes years
Untill your fingers look like they have little asses on each one...And I play like mabey 30 monutes every few hours and I get enough time in...Whatever happened to starting off with the basics like basic scales and e,a, and d and then just basic songs...Youve been playing for 2 days...Your rushing to play more challenging stuff without even getting the basics down...I doubt that someone can get them down and be good with the basics in two days, defenately not an hour a day for two days...
Oh, and tell your mom to shove it. Guitar is an excellent way to spend your time. Diet and exercise? Phooey!
Quote by 1crazyboy7
i cant practice that long, lol. probbally, i could go to 1/2 hour. i would love to go more, but my mom dosnt want to spend too much time on guitar in the summer

nd, btw smells like teen spirit REALLY helped me with power chords, i can change power chords a lot faster now.

You'll have to practice long one way or the other; either a long time each day, or for a lot of days.

And, preferably, both.

It's not always about setting aside time to play guitar, either. It's about finding time to play guitar. If you don't find yourself drawn to the guitar whenever it's in reach, then you have to work that much harder.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Well I played Guitar for 1-2 yrs then quit 3 yrs, came back again cause i wanted to learn Canon and Im bout a bit over 2min into it already, that is skipping the first sweep only
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones