well i know all the penatonic scales and i know 2 modes um the names of the modes are te iaonean and alyionean sry is i spelled them wrong they have wierd names but one thing i dont know is how to use them .can someone help me and explain how to use the scales and modes?? plz
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

so you basically know penatonics and the major and minor scale. Ionian is Major scale, and Aeolian is minor scale. You use scales and modes to improvise with.
what about like whensomeone is strumming chords and i want to solo along like how would i know which scale /mode to use?
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

Quote by freeallboutu91
well i know all the penatonic scales and i know 2 modes um the names of the modes are te iaonean and alyionean sry is i spelled them wrong they have wierd names but one thing i dont know is how to use them .can someone help me and explain how to use the scales and modes?? plz

why did you end with a liplick.....

lol so like one guy said, you know pentatonics and the major minor scales...

i dont feel like typing the explanation out, how about someone else?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
yea i know them i basically need to know how to use them like with chords and stuff
Quote by GuitarJunkie

i dunno why i ended with a liplick accendently pressed it
Quote by GuitarJunkie

you'd have to find the key that the chords belong to...or more specifically, what note they resolve to...then you find the mode that best fits the resolution of the chord...there are WHOLE lessons on modes on this site, go to lessons, we UG'ers are much too lazy to type the stuff out (except Cas)
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.