Page 1 of 2
right now i use a 35 watt amp, but i dont actually play with a band. i have some friends i play with some, but im planning on getting a bigger amp, so what do yall normaly use for playing with others?
The only bad f-word is FCC
~Tom Morrello
50 watt tube combo for gigs, and then 15 what ss for practice
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
5o watt tube head w/ 4x12 cab(guitar). My bass player uses a 350 watt head ss, and custom built cab. Heavy type music, Godsmack to Creed and originals.
Either my ****ty 30w marshall MG for practices, or my drummers less-****ty 30w roland cube, and 120w crate half-stack for gigs n home practice. I use my processor through all of them, and I use the 30ws for practices basically because theyre portable.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
50 watt tube 2x12 combo with a Mesa 4x12 for Gigs; but for rehersal/practice with everybody I just leave the Mesa at home and use the combo.
1200watt Kustom head through a 215 cab and 212 cabinet. I always practice through the same amp I gig with.
Isn't this supposed to be fo bass? Alot of these posts sound like guitar amps...

I use a 350w head (running at 240w) through a 1x15" for btoh home and band practices or when we play out. It's a pain to lug around all the time, but it's all I've got and I can't ocmplain about the sound.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
Isn't this supposed to be fo bass? Alot of these posts sound like guitar amps...

I use a 350w head (running at 240w) through a 1x15" for btoh home and band practices or when we play out. It's a pain to lug around all the time, but it's all I've got and I can't ocmplain about the sound.

O aye

It cropped up in new posts...

Well our bassist uses a 70w cube for practices, and another band I'm friendly with use a 350w for gigs...
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I use a Fender Rumble Amp 100w. Just amazing. I'm never gona need another amp in my life. My "band" hasn't met yet, but when we do I'll probably be using my friend's dad's Fender Bassman. I don't know how many watts it has but it's bigger than mine.
65W is plenty loud for me. although i will go higher someday (when i get the specs of this speaker in my five fifteen then i'll have 80W hopefully )

oh ya, the amp the amp. Laney RB-3. got it today. eeek. and the cab to go under it is hopefully a sica speakered 15".
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
350 watt Ashdown head 450 watt Ashdown cab
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
100 watt and a 15 is all you need for any rock gig if you need bigger you obviously have a pa so line in. dont kill youself with equipment. save the time lugging and use it to practice.
Music is a language. Learn it well before you use it or you'll just sound stupid.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
100 watt tube for recording and gigs (if im alone at home for practice) and 15 watt for practice in my room

HOLY CRAP I THOUGHT YOU WERE ME.

you have part of my old avatar. the BSSM album cover
Crate BT 10 watt for practicing
Crate BT100 watt for band practice and gigs
Carvin Cyclops 600 watt for recording, gigs (my drummers)
Quote by vinniegbass
100 watt and a 15 is all you need for any rock gig if you need bigger you obviously have a pa so line in. dont kill youself with equipment. save the time lugging and use it to practice.

yea, especially when you have to walk
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
My Hartke pushing 350w into a 4x10 and 1x15 for practice, pushing 250w into the 410 for gigs.
I let the PA work for me when playing Live so I don't need a large amount of volume to be heard live.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
100w Torque with a 12" Vintage Celestion, it looks about 20 years old, done 1000's miles, bought off eBay for £60, get in

If anyone has any information about Torque amps and sepcifically mine its a T100BX
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Jun 22, 2006,
Quote by mangablade
harry: how's the carvin?? im thing about getting the R1015 combo.

AWSOME. I can get any tone that I want or need from the Cyclops.
great, thats what i want to hear lol.

i blew my dinasour 15W practice amp, SO:

for both gigs/rehearsals/jams/practicing etc, its all the Ampeg BA115. which i dont like, becuz its hard to get your own tone with it. fortunately its hella loud, and dosnt sound like crap. just dosnt sound as good as it could imo. maybe its the 15" speaker. tho i want both a 15 and some smalls, thats why the R1015 looks perfect
Quote by harrypito
Crate BT 10 watt for practicing
Crate BT100 watt for band practice and gigs
Carvin Cyclops 600 watt for recording, gigs (my drummers)

Hahah i have the Crate BT 10 watt for practicing too. Too bad i dont have anything else . I seriously need to get a good amp though, but dont want to spend the money till im in a real band.

25 Watt for practice - the room we use at our drummer's house has brilliant acoustics so I don't need to play too loudly.
I just bought a 115 Watt for gigs which I'll use from now on.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I use a 75 watt Randall elec. guitar amp, it's not a bass amp, but i've played with it lots, and loud sometimes, nothing has gone wrong with it! It sounds nice.
Well, whenever I get around to playing with other musicians, it's a 1000 watt amp. Because that's all I have besides my 25 watt combo.

Of course, it's only at 1000 watts if I have both my cabs. Sometimes I'll just bring my 4x10. Then it's 600 watts or something.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Ibanez SoundWave 65 for practice (100 would probably be better, though) and Ibanez 115s 300w cabinet for gigs (using the SW for monitor)
Ibanez SW 100. 115 watts, 15" speaker. Gives me exactly the tone I want, plus an XLR direct out, which is very nice for our sound guy. Don't see any purpose in using a different amp to practice with. Especially considering that we practice in my basement
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
I prefer to use the same gear for gigging and rehearsal, I did buy a small combo for home use but for me it has to sound the same as my gigging rig, because the way it sounds affects my style of playing; the only concession that I make is slightly similar to Funkmaster where my gigging rig often depends on the size of the venue, so sometimes I take one cab and other times I take two.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I use my Peavey TKO 80 watt for both. My little 10 watt amp just doesn't cut it sound-wise for practcie so I just play my Peavey at like, notch 1/2. I haven't play any "real" gigs but I can be heard fine over our drummer at parties and stuff. Our guitarist only uses a Marshall 50 watt amp and when you put him with the drumset, I can be heard fine at even notch 4 and 5. I don't really have any money for a cab or anything, I'm barely old enough for a job (14).
my behringer 120 watt for gigs and annoying the hell outta my family/breaking stuff (windows..) !!

15 watt fender bassman for practicing
30 watt crate for home, a 60 wat beringher for band rehersal, borrow m y friends peavy head and 410 for shows.

and soon (hopefully) Gallien Krueger 400RB 280 watt head through a Behringer 410, shake the ground man, shake the ground.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Quote by zeldar
30 watt crate for home, a 60 wat beringher for band rehersal, borrow m y friends peavy head and 410 for shows.

and soon (hopefully) Gallien Krueger 400RB 280 watt head through a Behringer 410, shake the ground man, shake the ground.

I'm thinking of getting a 400RB, too. Instead of just having a 1000 watt rig, I'll have 280 watts, plus another 1000 if I need it. My current preamp sucks, too, so it'll be a nice upgrade. A 1x12 cab would be nice, too, for low-volume environments.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
As of next week, a Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115 combo at 180/280 watts (8 and 4 ohms)

I'm assuming this should be loud enough to handle anything I need for the rest of high school.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
As of next week, a Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115 combo at 180/280 watts (8 and 4 ohms)

I'm assuming this should be loud enough to handle anything I need for the rest of high school.

exactly what i was thinking, but im goin for the 410, just for a little more umpf, but i dont know how its going to handle my low B.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
The 400RB has a 5/4 string selector thing, so you should be fine.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
right now, i just have a yorkville BM400 (400 watts 1x15 with horn). for gigs, i'll either use this, or if another band has better gear, i'll use that (i like my amp because of the 10 band graphic eq, and the limiter)
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
Page 1 of 2