I have a Jackson SL3 Soloist and it is currently tuned to Eb tuning. My Bridge is Balanced properly however when i bend my high E string the string goes flat(usually down to D or C#) I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem before and knows what might be the possible solution(s). Thanks.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
have you tried getting your intonation correct
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
are you left handed? because i had the same problem with a righty switch guitar, since the hole that the high e string was WAY too big(it was supposed to be the low e).
try filling in the string's hole with toothpick or something small thatll take up the extra space.
intoniation is set up perfectly and i am also right handed and have a right handed guitar.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Take your locking nut apart, specifically the piece that holds the high e string in place. You're looking for a groove that has been worn in the piece that sits on top of the string. What happens is, when you bend the string, you pull a portion of the string between the nut and tuning machine through that groove. When you release the string, it doesn't return back through the groove. Hence, the string goes flat because now, you have more string between nut and bridge, but it is still tuned where it was before the string slipped through. This generally is a result of tightening the locking nut down too much, which over time, causes a groove to develop in the locking nut keeper. Replace this part, tune up, lock down, and you should be bending with no further problems. I've had Floyds since they first came out and this is a fairly common problem. Hope this helps.
Quote by zarbog8
Take your locking nut apart, specifically the piece that holds the high e string in place. You're looking for a groove that has been worn in the piece that sits on top of the string. What happens is, when you bend the string, you pull a portion of the string between the nut and tuning machine through that groove. When you release the string, it doesn't return back through the groove. Hence, the string goes flat because now, you have more string between nut and bridge, but it is still tuned where it was before the string slipped through. This generally is a result of tightening the locking nut down too much, which over time, causes a groove to develop in the locking nut keeper. Replace this part, tune up, lock down, and you should be bending with no further problems. I've had Floyds since they first came out and this is a fairly common problem. Hope this helps.

+1

Also, this may seem like it doesn't help but stretching the strings for about a minute does wonders. At least for me. To do it, grab the underside of the string with both your hands at around the pickup area and gradually pull the string up. Don't go too far though otherwise the string will obvious break although I've never had this experience.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by MetalToTheEnd
+1

Also, this may seem like it doesn't help but stretching the strings for about a minute does wonders. At least for me. To do it, grab the underside of the string with both your hands at around the pickup area and gradually pull the string up. Don't go too far though otherwise the string will obvious break although I've never had this experience.

Good point that totally slipped my mind. I probably spend a good 20 minutes with the nut unlocked, stretching and playing the strings very hard, before I lock it down. If the floyd is set up correctly and you get a good stretch before lock down, it is almost impossible for the guitar to go out of tune.
if your bending on other strings yes you will go flat as you are putting more tension on the string than the springs so your floyd goes up when you bend which will make you go flat. to check just bend any string and look at your floyd you should see it move by a bit.

if that didnt make any sense i will try to explain it in more detail if requested