Maybe not heavy metal, but 80's hair metal of some sort. Little explanation: GP4 for drums and bass, guitars and vocals all me recorded through a PC mic. Written by me and a friend. Called 'Running Free'.

www.soundclick.com/bands/3/madguitarsolo_music.htm

Enjoy it. Put on here for crits so tell me what you think if you can, thanks.
Interviewer: "You've made 15 albums that all sound the same."
Angus: "That's not true, we've made 17 albums that all sound the same."
Started listening to it now, and it sounds really good so far, really nice tone too....not really seeing any mistakes or any flaws for the most part...loving the new riff and the harmonizing and such....sounds a bit Metallicaish...maybe that's just me but anyways, maybe you could sing louder though, or something like that, something just seems maybe like too soft or something about it...I'm not the best at explaining it, hope you got the idea though, besides that though, everything sounds smooth and well made so far....starting the solo now...nothing really wrong with it, sounded really good....lol that chorus is pretty catchy....now it's done. Overall, The guitar work was basically flawless, and sounded really good, nice tone throughout the whole song, I do think the singing is good, just maybe needs more emotion, I might be wrong...especially since I'm not really much of a singer at all, so you'd probably need to get a second opinion on your singing. Basically, it's is a really great song, keep up the great work.
Were those electronic drums/drum machine??
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean, the drum track and bass were both made with Guitar Pro 4 and then just recorded over.

Thanks JDH504. Unfortunately, I did sing louder when recording but the PC mic didn't really notice at all. But you were right about the no emotion thing. It was really hard to get emotion out when you get embarassed if other people can hear you so I just tried to get it done. Thanks again.

Oh by the way, I forgot to say: I'll do crit for crit too.
Ok, wait, all of these recordings on this site are made while playing to tracks on guitar pro?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
These ones were:
Running free, Leader of the Pack, No title, Fancy That, Canon in D, Livin' on a Prayer and Carla's Song.

500 Miles was all done with live instruments for a music class and the others were made mostly with my keyboard.

The few tracks at the bottom of the page were recorded off the keyboard along with the guitar which came out pretty convincingly real.
I really liked this man, it had a very 80-ish metal vibe to it, kinda like hair metal and some of those riffs were kinda metallica like, thats not a bad thing at all, but the most important thing is that you can tell its original, and your tone was great to man, cheers on that. the vocals were my only problem they were a bit to loud and kinda plain im not much of a singer though. but the music i really liked, it was also very catchy.

if you have time or if you want

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380801
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
i thought it was pretty cool, old school tone, the main riff sounds like the theme to killer instinct only bad points would be that some of the bends were a bit off i think, nice work