Alright fellas, the covers are in (I think) and the judges are ready, so lets get this thing rolling.

I present to you, the list! (Links are either to threads or to Dmusics, SoundClicks, or Putfiles)

Alrighty well that's it. If there's anything else I missed PM me and let me know.

Just to clear some stuff up, xemosucksx IS in charge of this whole thing, not me, I'm just helping out.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
thats going to be hard to judge... heh those are great.. i liked fade to black as one of my favorites.

good job to everyone! and good luck! lol
sorry i didnt get time to cover nothing else matters, i got wrapped up in exams, and completely forgot.
Quote by behemoth111
sorry i didnt get time to cover nothing else matters, i got wrapped up in exams, and completely forgot.

That's cool. I was looking over my list of people who suggested stuff and you came up. I looked all over for it and didn't find the cover.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
^ Yes, it is.

Lol, when I first saw the thread title, I thought this was another Metallica cover contest
Quote by False_God
is this the voting stage?

Yeah basically. Me and the judges and xemosucksx have to get together and discuss. Tough as hell to decide though.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
ok my vote goes to false_god
Jesus had long hair, and he was all like For those about to rock, I salute you.

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

Member # 24 of Metallica Mensa

President of the Daron Malakian is God Club
pm me to join
Quote by lespaulsson
my vote goes to a fellow irishman False_God........fantastic cover of my fave song!!!!

Props man!!
Quote by False_God
Props man!!

Aye, his votes with you, but are ours?

Speaking of which, all judges PM me so we can get this judging thing going.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
i think wats the point of having a cover contest wen everybody just uses backing tracks...thats why everyone thinks these cover contests are gay. You should have to have a band or atleast you and the drummer, and you should have to play the solo, thats almost the most important part, I mean this site is called ultimate-guitar.com for a reason...PEACE
^This isnt finding out how could you play as a band, its called ultimate guitar for a reason, for guitar skills. I do all my solos. and Im in a band, but that doesnt mean jack about me...Playing to b/t's help you learn the song much better imo and thats how I learn most songs. if you have a problem say it to the mods and see how they'll deal with it...
Quote by ReBoRnBaND4
i think wats the point of having a cover contest wen everybody just uses backing tracks...thats why everyone thinks these cover contests are gay. You should have to have a band or atleast you and the drummer, and you should have to play the solo, thats almost the most important part, I mean this site is called ultimate-guitar.com for a reason...PEACE

Backing tracks come with the solo's done? Not mine. I play all the guitar parts. just drums, bass and every once in a while vocals are on the backings. Not everybody has a setup that allows them to record drums.
I'm the same as belgarion1919. My backing track has drum and bass and no guitars in it. I think everyone recorded the solos too?
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
at the beginning of the metallica contest the first judge said, "It has to be the full song, if you cant play the solo its cool skip it or play the rhythm section." You shouldn't enter the contest if you can't play the full song or solo...and plus False_God weren't you talking about how stupid and gay these cover contests were like at the beginning of the original Metallica Cover Contest thread anyway?
^Ya I was sick of them, but I've learmed to deal with it a possible enjoy it. I only hated them because people would say they'll do it and do nothing and then it would be all over the place (all un-organised), I dont mind them once they are organised.
Quote by Mqwathi
I'm the same as belgarion1919. My backing track has drum and bass and no guitars in it. I think everyone recorded the solos too?

yep i recorded my solo, and everything else except for the drums ebcause my drummer couldnt record anything in time for the voting stage
Man, it would be great if the judges would PM me...

WE NEED TO JUDGE THESE!
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
For whom the bell tolls is great, but which part isn't from the backing track ?

No seriously It sounds even better than the original xD, there's like massive reverb on the vocals or something^^
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by Kroach
For whom the bell tolls is great, but which part isn't from the backing track ?

No seriously It sounds even better than the original xD, there's like massive reverb on the vocals or something^^

the bass, vocals and drums were on the backing track. we did all the guitar parts. then we added compression to the entire track. I'll see if he still has it and post it.

edit- the backing track is on my soundclick
Last edited by belgarion1919 at Jun 29, 2006,
False God wins for me, hands down awesome cover
Quote by kyle_afi
You could picture the girl your weiner is in taking a massive dump?
i think juzcook's Shortest Straw, it seems to have the least defects, great flow, song quality
only false God came close, but his cover didn't really do it for me
juzcook forever!
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG