I have always done my powerchords with my pinky and index finger. Is this weird and/or bad? I have tried it the normal way, but it doesnt feel right. Should I keep trying to do it the normal way?
Its really up to preference. Many many people do it with index+pinky if you watch some videos...

I usually do them with index+ring but some people do index+ringfinger and pinky like if you were playing a barre chord
I really don't know what I'm doing, whatever feels right at the moment
i do index, ring, and pinky...im weird
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
i use my index finger with my pink and ring finger, im sure what your doing is fine, it's basically a barre chord on the A string except your using your pinky instead of your ring finger.
jeffjtr13 -AIM
jeff_jtr13 -Yahoo
chat to me about guitar please!
I made this thread awhile ago. But I've changed it, I now do it with my pointer and ring and pinky.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I play with fingers 1 3 4
A friend plays with 1 2 3
Another friend plays with 1 4 (Ignores the octave)
Jack White plays with 1 4 4
Kurt Cobain played with 1 3 3

So, in conclusion, it doesn't matter.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by frenchyfungus at Jun 21, 2006,
yeah i would suggest barring with your third finger if you have trouble switching strings, but for a more stable position i would go with your index, ring, and pinky...that's what i use
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.