like if your guitar doesnt have one orginally can u buy one and place it on
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Yes you can. I hear its quite difficult/pricey but you can order them off Warmoth, and you can do the routing yourself..
or you can be weak and have a local luthier/tech do it for you
nice how much would a floyd rose orginal system cost
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

StewMac has the Schaller LFRs for $209.90 +

Then you have to factor in the expense and difficulty of having it added to your guitar.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
yes, you can.
this topic comes up pretty frequently. the general consensus is this:
-the unit itself (including all misc parts) will run you about $200USD for a good one (OFR, high end Ibanez ones, etc.)
-it is possible to install it yourself. you can buy templates online (check stewmac.com), but that doesn't mean it will be easy. if you don't have any woodwork experience, you can irreversibly damage your guitar. the alternative, naturally, is to have it installed by someone who knows what they're doing.
-a professional install will probably cost at least $200, probably more.
-your guitar did not come from the factory with a locking trem in mind. this can cause scale length issues, problems with the neck angle, and other routing issues. this will cost more money to fix.

you need to consider this: is your guitar worth spending $400 dollars on? you can get a guitar equipped with a decent locking trem for that much. for a couple hundred extra bones, you can get a pretty good guitar with that money. looking at your sig, i'd say get a new amp first
Quote by ch1
yes, you can.
this topic comes up pretty frequently. the general consensus is this:
-the unit itself (including all misc parts) will run you about $200USD for a good one (OFR, high end Ibanez ones, etc.)
-it is possible to install it yourself. you can buy templates online (check stewmac.com), but that doesn't mean it will be easy. if you don't have any woodwork experience, you can irreversibly damage your guitar. the alternative, naturally, is to have it installed by someone who knows what they're doing.
-a professional install will probably cost at least $200, probably more.
-your guitar did not come from the factory with a locking trem in mind. this can cause scale length issues, problems with the neck angle, and other routing issues. this will cost more money to fix.

you need to consider this: is your guitar worth spending $400 dollars on? you can get a guitar equipped with a decent locking trem for that much. for a couple hundred extra bones, you can get a pretty good guitar with that money. looking at your sig, i'd say get a new amp first

agreed 100%, excellent post, sir.

just to add, you can get a guitar with a good floyd for under $700- the ibanez s470, and washburn x40pro, and the schecter c1fr, if they're still available. so you basically have an extra guitar for only slightly more money- and if you change tunings much, you'd probably want a hard-tail guitar (your current schecter) as a spare anyway, to use for alternate tunings, and the like.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?