I've been having problems with loud, high-pitched feedback . It happens when gain is all the way up, or when the tone on the selected pickup is all the way up, or really just any time I have it loud. It happens on pretty much every amp I've ever plugged into, except for tiny practice ones. I have a Greg Bennett Interceptor, and I don't know anything about the parts really. All I know is that it was the cheapest guitar in the store, cause my mom didn't think I would "stick with it." Anyway, any help would be great.
what guitar do you have

and also why would you need the gain pumped up to 10
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
It's a Greg Bennett Interceptor. Like I mentioned... But it's not just when the gain is all the way up. It happens just if the guitar volume knob is all the way up, or if the tone is all the way up. It happens pretty much whenever it's loud.
Quote by robt18
Its because the volume and tone knobs are all the way up.

So that happens no matter what then... Was this a really dumb question?
You're just trying to make your amp louder than it's meant to be played.
lulz
Well I have a 65w Fender Cyber Twin, and it happens when the master is on 2 or 3. And it happens on pretty much every amp I've ever plugged into. Could it be something's wrong with the pickups?
The pickups on your guitar are probably a bit loud for one. Also, any amp is going to feedback at mid-high volumes. ESPECIALLY with more than just a little gain.

Here are some ways to reduce the feedback;

-Don't point the guitar at the amp. If the guitar's pickups are facing the amp, it will cause more feedback.
-Stand farther away from the amp.
-Don't use tons of gain on higher volumes.
-Don't crank the amp's volume.

^Those should reduce most of the feedback. Getting quieter pups would help, if not remove the feedback all together, but a pickup change cna be expensive, so try these first. If it still really bugs you, you could look into a pickup change.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Hey thanks a lot Xenn, I wish more users were like you!

I wouldn't normally say anything like that, but I wanted to get a quote in your sig. You know, spread my name, gain a lil fame... Actually that did help though. I'm pretty sure it's the pickups, cause of how often it happens. It wouldn't be worth it to change em on this cheap of a guitar though. Oh well. Thanks.
the same thing happens to me but only when i am using my rp-100 pedal

i stand far away but i face the amp so i can see the drummer (the only other member in my band)
Quote by xsuperenjoi

I wouldn't normally say anything like that, but I wanted to get a quote in your sig. You know, spread my name, gain a lil fame... Actually that did help though. I'm pretty sure it's the pickups, cause of how often it happens. It wouldn't be worth it to change em on this cheap of a guitar though. Oh well. Thanks.

Sorry-you don't get sigged for sucking up.

You have to actually mean it!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
xsuperenjoi

Now my Flying Hampsters Of DOOM will rain coconuts on your pitiful village.
does it sound like a squeal rather than feedback? if it is, your pickups might be microphonic.

http://www.felineguitars.com/services/repairs.html

scroll down to the bottom.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?