Well I got some extra cash and I have decided to throw some money towards the old guitar...I was wondering if it would be worth money to buy a boss compressor/sustain pedal or a noise suppressor pedal. Another option would be for me to get a Tuner pedal because that would be helpful. What the great people at UG think is worth money.

My budget is about $100 and I play about all types of music except country and jazz.

Thanks
So, basically you are just asking to throw away your money on a pedal it sounds like you don't really need???
Why not give your money to a foundation for underpriveleged children..
or give it to me
Quote by FireHawk
well really i think i actually kinda want a tuner pedal. And I shoulda included this before..does a compressor pedal actually help much I hear differen't opions on it

What amp are you running...
and what style of music are you playing?

Compressors are kinda weird in my opinion...
Style: Ranges from Moderate Rock to Metal mostly
Amp: well its a 75Watt Dean Markley w/ a 12inch Celestian speaker (yeah i know its not the best but amps are expsensive and it has a nice clean sound so i just threw a distortion pedal over it)
Quote by FireHawk
Amp: well its a 75Watt Dean Markley w/ a 12inch Celestian speaker (yeah i know its not the best but amps are expsensive and it has a nice clean sound so i just threw a distortion pedal over it)

good clean doesn't equal good distortion......i would say get a tuner cuz chances are you are gonna be playing in drop tunings so you'll want a tuner for that....and compressors are only good for like NICE amps
Quote by FireHawk

Hmm, I dunno..

Get the tuner
You'd probably use it more
yeah the tuner helps and the TU-2 works nicely.

noise suppressor you shouldnt really need due to running stuff through that amp and i personally like/want the compressor/sustain because it really does boost the sustain and compression you cant really hear noticeably... but it does help cut through the mix of things if done right.
My suggestion would be save the money and put it towards a good tube amp, but since you dont want to do that, of those 2 pedals, go with the tuner.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by phoenix_88
yeah the tuner helps and the TU-2 works nicely.

noise suppressor you shouldnt really need due to running stuff through that amp and i personally like/want the compressor/sustain because it really does boost the sustain and compression you cant really hear noticeably... but it does help cut through the mix of things if done right.

actualy i was reading that i t does the opposite.
and it basically cuts your attack greatly,
so you get better sustain
thus the "compression" part
^well then you read incorrectly.....part of a compression pedal is devoted to allowing you to up your attack or decrease it, depeding on what you want to do