I was wondering is there anybody here that knows if i can get a tube amp for 500 (give or take)Canadian anywhere?
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
fender blues junior
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
peavey classic series, peavey valve king (i wouldn't recommend), idk there's a lot....most/all of them will be combos though so i hope you don't mind
erm, fender blues jr.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
yea man... sorry i didnt specify
im looking for a combo, and something with nice distortion.
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
erm, fender blues jr.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

ill sell u my fender hot rod deluxe for 450. i bought it for 700 in my local music store a few years back. its basically brand new. its 40 watts and got a 12 " speaker its pretty sweet.

any way if ur interested check out the pics of the fender on here:http://www.myspace.com/mullet0023
I third the Fender Blues Jr.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Gibson_Left
peavey classic series, peavey valve king (i wouldn't recommend), idk there's a lot....most/all of them will be combos though so i hope you don't mind

Why wouldnt you recommend the valveking?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

fallen angel is over 600 USD (probably even higher)

as for cheap tube amps....CARVIN

50 watts 2 channel quality factory direct tube amp, 500 USD - great quality, sound etc.

if carvin makes it it's likely it's the best you can do for the price range that they sell it for - especially with SOME of their amps and their guitars
-Mike
why fender blues junior? I see you guys like it, and I might be on the verge of buying a traynor YCV 50 or YCV 80 for about $500. Should I check out the Fender Blues Junior? What are its merits?

By the way, any commentary on the Traynor YCV combos?
Killing... Raping... Bridge Burning... Forsaken...
-Aint Life Grand
^Blues Jrs have orgasmic shiny and full cleans, and they naturally overdrive really nicely.
They're extremely pedal friendly too, so pair it with an overdrive or 2, and you'll definately get the gain you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd recommend a Traynor Custom Valve. I actually got a Traynor YCV40 112 (40 watt) + foot pedal from a local music shop for around $500 CDN and barely used. I was blown away by the sound and the distortion. Great clean channel too. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Guitars:
Vintage Black ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Black Ovation 1778T Elite

Gear:
Traynor YCV40 112
Boss ME-50
if you can get the traynor for then get that. it'll be almost the same clean, and you'll have 2 channels with a lot punchier drive.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

yea blues junior is good, but the traynors are some of the best cheap tube combos (along with those damn carvin crack)

blues junior is tiny, has great cleans, traynors are more versatile (except maybe the YCV20, that's probably closer to a tie)

im not the one to talk about these though, im sure someone here owns all of them :p
-Mike
If you can get the Traynor for that price, go for it. The reasons have been stated.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
used peavey 5150 combo
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
+1 ^^

There are a couple 5150s on ebay right now with buy it now of $650, they sell all the time for $500 and less.

Carvin MTS3212
Traynor YCV50 blue
Fender blues jr with OD pedal
Laney lc50
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
$500 Cnd =/= $500 Usd
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Well, I see several 5150s on ebay right now for around $350US. Do they stay there? Probably not, but if they go for $450, whats the exchange rate? 1.3 to 1? That's still just $585 Canadian.

Fine. Consider the Carvin X100B instead. And excellent amp, precursor to Steve Vai's current Legacy rig. They sell all the time on ebay for $350us.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.