i was in the gear customizing forum a couple of days ago and i saw a thread that was asking how to adjust the pups. well, i know how to, but i was wondering what it does, why would people want to lower and higher the pickups?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
mainly people adjust them to get a little bit different sound. if they are closer to the strings they are gonna be a little muddier but be louder and if they are lowered they will sound a little clearer but not be as loud in basic terms.
too close is muddy, too far and u get volume loss. just close enough gives u extra "bite"

you can tilt the treble side higher if u want more high end.
you can put the bass side higher if u need more bass.

if u have a high output pickup and a lower output pickup on the same guitar, u might want to raise the lower output pickup closer to the strings, so that there isnt a volume loss when u switch over.

if u have humbuckers with adjustable poles (they look like screws.) u can fine tune which strings are emphasized, just by raising those poles closer to the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011