Hey..ive been playing guitar for a while..but one thing i have not got is a good selection fo open chords...im not talking about the simple ones like E A D G the more complex ones like C# major minor F# major and minor..Bb..you know the chords that alot of guitarists use bare chords for.

Does anyone have a selection of good open chords for most keys? just major and minor chords for now?
i love the c chord and fmaj7
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
My favorite open chord... I don't know if its a named chord... Amadd7?
(0 0 2 2 1 3).. Just variate pulling off the index finger and/or pinky
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
^ thanks! I always called it Am7 but the chord builder doesn't show it as that, and my theory is a bit rusty
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
these sound good..could you post how to play them? some i probably already know...
What about open chords within the first 6 frets? all the ones ive tried with the chord finder..only give me barre chords or variations higher up on the fretboard
Last edited by Agape at Jun 21, 2006,
Learn some chord theory and build chords while incorporating open strings. Using a capo can help in some instances. Also, you can use some strings as "drone" notes which ring in every chord in a progression, but you have to be careful with these.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Here you go. Actually got these from a Revis song and a Staind song. (024400) (044200) (057700) (046600)
You shoud listen to Damien Rices "Blowers Daughter" then get the tab for it.Its has a few good open chords....be carefull though,they can be addictive and anoying.
Quote by horazonblade
My favorite open chord... I don't know if its a named chord... Amadd7?
(0 0 2 2 1 3).. Just variate pulling off the index finger and/or pinky

Thanks much for your contribution to this thread...I really like the sound of this chord and its variations fingerpicked...pulling the middle and ring fingers off and back on also works...an amazing amount of variation from what is Am (0 0 2 2 1 0) to begin with.
Em9

(0 2 2 0 0 2)
It sounds so..mystical and arabian.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
x22032 i dunno what its called but its from the floyd song dogs :-p
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds