im planning on setting up a pro tools home studio type thing in my house
Im Going to Buy a Mbox2 factory bundle im planning on just doing guitar tracks with maybe some midi keys and drums in the back round. but should i buy a mixer for the mbox two considering it only has two tracks i dont know if i should buy like a 4 track mixer or anything. also what are good mics to buy for vocal and guitar recording.
if your going for a home studio, def. get a mixer too. 4 channels doesnt offer a lot of flexibility but it will help a lot. dont know about mics tho
Quote by inmysleep
im planning on setting up a pro tools home studio type thing in my house
Im Going to Buy a Mbox2 factory bundle im planning on just doing guitar tracks with maybe some midi keys and drums in the back round. but should i buy a mixer for the mbox two considering it only has two tracks i dont know if i should buy like a 4 track mixer or anything. also what are good mics to buy for vocal and guitar recording.

BUY A MIXER!!!!

www.musiciansfriend.com
You can get a lot of good stuff there and they have user reviews on the specific items. Ebay is good too, but everytime ive gotten something from there its been VERY used... like almost broken.

Do you have any previous recording expirience?
yeah im certified in protools and i go to a performing arts school that has a full protools studio in it so ive ran sessions and mixed and all that before. if the mbox 2 only has 2 tracks will gettign a mixer alow more tracks to be mixed as well?