Page 1 of 3
Okay, just for you, i've prepared this special thread, which comes with a new type of question, and I imagine it would suit your tastes as much as the most excellent fïlet mignon!

Anyways, i have about 3,000 dollars left, after having spent 2,000 on my new amp.

And now i've found this precious guitar at my guitar store, that goes for exactly 3,000. Im a bit unsure of weather or not i should buy it though. The guitar is flawless as far as i can tell, with a sound to die for.

However, i was thinking of spending maybe 2,000 on a nice vacation with some friends, and saving the last grand for buying a guitar next year

So what do you think i should do? I mean, on one hand, the vacation to france (we were thinking of going to a surfing beach in a small town in south-france ), would be super fun, and i would probably have the best vacation of my life (Second trip without my mom, although i went with my bro the last time).

But on the other hand, you have the really nice guitar that would last me throughout my entire life. So what to do???

With the 2,000, i could probably also afford to take my girlfriend (I have someone whom im starting to get really close to, although we're not really together. yet ), and i'd really love to be able to give her something as great as a vacation before she leaves for her home country for a year. Coz we won't be able to see eachother for a year, and im not so sure that our relationship would even stay strong. So i'd like to have kind of a blowout together, if you know what i mean.

Sorry for the long post Appreciate any answer
Hey man, this is a tough question. I mean the trip can give u some of the best times of your life and the guitar can do that too. But im gonna tell u to go for the trip, from the heart nothing beats spending time with a special girl or some friends, especially away from parents, with a 2,000$ amp and a decent guitar u can hold off and save that 1,000 dollars to build up upon, I mean 1,000$ is pretty good so far for saving up for a new guitar. Im not gonna be greedy here, go for the trip, 1000$ is plenty to get a new guitar or save up for the dream guitar, just work a little more in the summer and ull get both, the dream guitar and the trip
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
after reading your situation i would either go yourself or get the guitar. not to hate on your gf but to be honest to you if she is going to her home for a year two grand may not be the best idea to spend on someone.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
This sounds like a very sensitive issue worthy of true heartfelt responses.

This being the case, you need to post a picture of the guitar and the girl to get deep insight to your dilemma....
My vote goes to the trip too.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I'd say the guitar takes top priority since you're unsure of whether your relationship with the girl would actually stay. By the way, what brand and model's the guitar?
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by Siciliano
This sounds like a very sensitive issue worthy of true heartfelt responses.

This being the case, you need to post a picture of the guitar and the girl to get deep insight to your dilemma....

That would be cool! If u can get pics...
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Dude, making a desicion like that sucks, but since you already have a guitar, I'd go with the trip. Unlike a guitar, women can show affection back, and that's just sometimes more important the material objects.

[/Budha]
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Dude, making a desicion like that sucks, but since you already have a guitar, I'd go with the trip. Unlike a guitar, women can show affection back, and that's just sometimes more important the material objects.

[/Budha]

Wow, nicely said !
Go for the trip if you can wait a year for the guitar. Even without your girlfriend thing it'll probably be one amazing ****ing time. You might never have a chance like that again, and you can always save up to buy a guitar.
no need to spend 3000 on a girl ur not close to yet, wait a little and get the guitar
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
You told me a few days ago that you didn't have any friends =( you lied to me
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Oi.
Sounds like you got a dilemma.
Man, I dont mean to sound cold, but hey, you arent together, and shes leaving for a year, do you think things will really work toward your benefit if you take her on vacation?
You can also think about it this way: You buy the guitar, You play more shows, She comes to the shows, She hears all the beautiful songs you "wrote for her", add it all up and what do you get? Someone who'll like you more. The cost of the gift dont matter, you write her a song on that new guitar, and that'll be from the heart, she'll dig it way more.
Peace.
well if the friends and gf are close and important to you, then I'd take them on the vacation.

And anyways, if you save a $1000 for next year, you'll have some more money saved up by then and you can still get an amazing guitar for under $2000. I personally would never spend $3000 on a guitar or an amp. You don't need an expensive guitar, go for the memories with the gf.
Last edited by The 1 at Jun 21, 2006,
I'd take the girl on the trip and save for the guitar.

Quote by Metal/Guitarist
thake the vacation and get laid

exactly.
Hehe, the guitar i can do. I won't post a pic of her on the internet forum though... I don't want a bunch of horny teens wanking off to her!

The guitar is a gibson les paul standard.

But even if me and the girl don't end up together, going to france would be sooo great, you know?

Im not sure about us though. I've gotten the signals for her liking me, im pretty sure of that, coz she's always standing close to me and she don't back off when i stroke her arm and stuff. But the thing is she's 21(im 16), so im unsure of weather or not i'm interpreting the signals wrong

Quote by horazonblade
You told me a few days ago that you didn't have any friends =( you lied to me

Correction, i said i don't have that many friends my age I mostly hang out with guys and girls around 20 years old.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for all the replies!! This was massive hehe

I think i'll go with the girl yeah, and maybe upgrade the pups

I think she digs me, but we'll see this friday
Last edited by taper_fra_nord at Jun 21, 2006,
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
thake the vacation and get laid

Yeaaaaaaa. Go on the trip dude, u have plenty of money and time for a great guitar
Dont waste your guitar money on women.

if your spending 2000$ just to get laid, go buy 2000 1$ hookers.
Let's see....
Those who are not getting any, will choose the trip and girl.
Those who get some on a regular basis will choose the guitar.

Your responses will most likely indicate who is playing pocket pool.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Hehe, the guitar i can do. I won't post a pic of her on the internet forum though... I don't want a bunch of horny teens wanking off to her!

The guitar is a gibson les paul standard.

But even if me and the girl don't end up together, going to france would be sooo great, you know?

Im not sure about us though. I've gotten the signals for her liking me, im pretty sure of that, coz she's always standing close to me and she don't back off when i stroke her arm and stuff. But the thing is she's 21(im 16), so im unsure of weather or not i'm interpreting the signals wrong

Correction, i said i don't have that many friends my age I mostly hang out with guys and girls around 20 years old.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for all the replies!! This was massive hehe

I think i'll go with the girl yeah, and maybe upgrade the pups

I think she digs me, but we'll see this friday

dude how hot is the chick take her to the trip sound freakin awsome
Don't spend $3000 on a les paul standard..don't give me wrong, LPs rock, but go for a custom guitar or something better if you're gonna spend that much.
go for the guitar, i mean, youd get layed a ton on this vacation, but the guitar will last forever, and the girl, well you know how women are
www.myspace.com/hijackedtheband
^Yeah, i think i'll go with her Its another month from now though, can't wait.

However, im not absolutely sure she's free to go though

She was going back to russia in september, but she mentioned something about going to another city in this country sometime in july. But if she's back for the 1. of august, i think we'll manage

Edit: Gear is in the sig

Yeah, but my country is really really expensive, the les paul standard is 4,000 retail over here

But i'll definately go with the girl, if she'll have me i think.

Thanks alot of helping me decide, its very clear to me that i need to take her now

Thanks
Dude u have awsome gear right now the new guitar can wait. Im sure that Custom Epi sounds awsome with the Mesa boogie amp.
Gibson les Paul Standards dont cos $3000. They cost around $2200 or at least you can get one brand new for that price maybe with a small bit of haggling. I recommend a PRS Custom 22/24 over the Gibson though. Im buying either one of those.

I say get the guitar. You just bought an awsome amp so I recommend you get an awsome guitar to match the quality. Gibson and PRS will go up in value if you plan on taking care of it. If you take the vacation, it will be fun for a week or however long you stay, and then the girl will move away and not see you and maybe forget about you.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Gibson les Paul Standards dont cos $3000. They cost around $2200 or at least you can get one brand new for that price maybe with a small bit of haggling. I recommend a PRS Custom 22/24 over the Gibson though. Im buying either one of those.

I say get the guitar. You just bought an awsome amp so I recommend you get an awsome guitar to match the quality. Gibson and PRS will go up in value if you plan on taking care of it. If you take the vacation, it will be fun for a week or however long you stay, and then the girl will move away and not see you and maybe forget about you.

Thanks for the advice, but the thing is, i guess im one of those melancolic types of guy, i want to do everything to live in the moment, and worry about the future when the future hits me. I know this might sound like a stupid way to live life for many of you, but its just the way i am, you know? Of course you do

But thanks anyway
is the 3,000 in USD, because Gibson Les Paul Standards are around 2,300
I don't live in the US. American made guitars are much more expensive in other countries due to the import taxes. 3,000 for a standard over here is really cheap.
lol if u read wat he was saying hes hoping to have a lowout with her b4 she goes so basically he wants to **** her
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

^Of course i want to make love to her. How old are you, that you would not want to sleep with someone you're in love with?

Haha, i feel really stupid for saying "make love", but.. ah well..
Quote by taper_fra_nord
^Of course i want to make love to her. How old are you, that you would not want to sleep with someone you're in love with?

Haha, i feel really stupid for saying "make love", but.. ah well..

don't worry, he probably traded his weewee for a 12 pack of guitar picks. The store actually lost money
Go on the vacation and have fun otherwise there won't be anything to remember when you get old. Value your friends and present time. BTW I don't think Gibson or PRS will go bankrupt anytime soon, so why bother getting the guitar now if you could do something more enjoyable? You can always get the guitars later, they'll be there as long you have the money, but your friends might not. I lost 2 friends over the last 2 summers, so yah, value the people around you or you might regret.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
You are one lucky s.o.b., you know. You're debating whether or not to spend $3,000, after already spending $2,000. You have a girl who's 5 years older than you ready to go on an overseas vacation without your parents. I'm debating whether or not I can afford to get fries with my burger and wondering if that girl who eats boogers just checked me out.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Thanks for the advice, but the thing is, i guess im one of those melancolic types of guy, i want to do everything to live in the moment, and worry about the future when the future hits me. I know this might sound like a stupid way to live life for many of you, but its just the way i am, you know? Of course you do

But thanks anyway

I totally understand man. Im like that sometimes. Ok go for the vacation. The guitar can wait for a year. Just look into PRS Custom 22/24s and McCartys. I love them more than any Gibson Les Paul, except one that I have tried.
if shes leavin for a year, take the guitar. Who knows what shell do when shes gone
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Quote by xsuperenjoi
You are one lucky s.o.b., you know. You're debating whether or not to spend $3,000, after already spending $2,000. You have a girl who's 5 years older than you ready to go on an overseas vacation without your parents. I'm debating whether or not I can afford to get fries with my burger and wondering if that girl who eats boogers just checked me out.

yeah, life has its ups and downs i suppose. I don't actually know if that girl is ready to go with me on vacation, though. Im not even 100 % ure she's into me.

I was lucky enough to get a well paying summer-job through my brother-in-law (He owns a company where i work). Hang in there

Edit: Yeah, it might be stupid, but i'd rather live 2 weeks and feel like life is super super great, than live my entire life feeling life is average
Page 1 of 3