I've heard about this elsewhere on the punk forum: Burning CDs of sweet punk music, to give to emo kids and other musically challenged folks in an effort to convert them. Let's not take this as an invitiation to bitch at me for liking Green Day; I'm looking for some advice, because I'm going to start doing that. Anyway, here's what I was thinking would go on said CDs:

Operation Ivy - Knowledge
Leftover Crack - Born to Die
Dropkick Murphys - Bar Room Hero
Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Black Flag - Depression
Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
No Cash - Gasoline
Rancid - Roots Radicals
Choking Victim - Infested
The Misfits - Last Caress

Are any of those bad choices, and what others should I include?

Thanks
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Let them keep their horrid music and let the punk scene stay the way it is. The last thing you'd want is good punk going mainstream.
Get rid of I wanna be sedated and put on a non over played Ramones song, like...53rd and 3rd or something. Throw on some sex pistols, bodies or pretty vacant would be my suggestion. I dunno theres tonnns of bands you could put on I guess
Dude, i must say...great idea. I think you should include:

PennyWise- Come Out Fighting
Propagandhi- Anti-Manifesto
Dead Kennedys- Take This Job And Shove It
Swingin Utters- Stars and Starlets
Misfits- Hybrid Moments

anyway...just suggestions, i think u might wanna include some up beat stuff like i put but that is just me so do what u like.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Let them keep their horrid music and let the punk scene stay the way it is. The last thing you'd want is good punk going mainstream.

I definitely considered that. I guess it's a matter of knowing which emo kids will actually convert, and which ones will go around saying "I LIKE TEH CL@SH AND DASHBORD CONFESIONAL! I'M TEH PUNKZORZ!!!!1!"

They're the ones to be avoided. They don't really matter, because no one pays attention to them. There are some intelligent emo kids who will actually change their minds about music if they're introduced to the good stuff, you know?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Add something by the Adolescents and the Cirlce Jerks.

Oh, and something by Agent Orange.
Take off DKM, Rancid and any Crap Rock Steady 7 bands, add:

Noble Stabbings-Dillinger Four
Sonic Reducer-Dead Boys
Search and Destroy-The Stooges
London's Burning-The Clash
Borstal Breakout-Sham 69
Personality Crisis-New York Dolls
Live Fast, Die Young-Circle Jerks
Hey Suburbia-Screeching Weasel
Fall Children-AFI
Bloodstains-Agent Orange
Cretin Hop-The Ramones
Blue Stars-Soviettes
Also show the punkier ( IF u wanna call that a word ) side of punk rock...the attitude and the overall persona of a punk band...like

Stiff little Fingers
Subhumans
Lower Class Brats

(stuff with a punk feel...british influence etc.)

^ Yeah, that's why I was leaning away from ska a bit with my picks

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I just know that if I would walk into school next year and all the emo kids were listening to music I like... I would feel like a terrible person.
Its rare i post on something i think is dumb, but is this a joke??or just some sort of lame elitism."musically challanged" and you think the cure is rancid? heh
its a global massacre
I think if Emo kids were going to be be turned to punk it would have already happened. And just because someone listens to something else than punk it does not mean they are "musically challenged".
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Quote by smile_man
I think if Emo kids were going to be be turned to punk it would have already happened. And just because someone listens to something else than punk it does not mean they are "musically challenged".

Of course not! But if they listen to emo, then they are.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
These kids get into the scene because of the style. I bet if real punks started wearing their sister's pants and hacking at their hair, the "emo kids" would switch.
this is incredibly lame.
let the emo kids have their emo.
respect them and leave them alone.

but i guess it's american logic...

edit: reported.
peace & chemicals
the thread is ****ing about converting emo kids.

.. you tell me.
peace & chemicals
There is something likeable about EVERY genre of music.

Except disco and nu-metal

But really, everyone has different taste. There are good bands in all kinds of music. And this forum needs a serious lesson on expanding your musical horizons and atleast getting to know other genres before you bash them. Theres some cool stuff out there you're missing, and I can't imagine denying myself the right to like a band just because it's not punk.

*CLOSED*
p.s. I'm pretty sure you'd be angry too if a classic rock kid told you that punk is terrible and made you listen to Led Zepplin.
^ Sellout.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>