Ok, I'm looking to buy a nice acoustic guitar that goes for around $1,500. I want it to be acoustic/electric for live situations. I have decided that I want either a Martin or a Taylor. I tried a few out at Guitar Center and I really loved the sound and feel of the Taylors, and i also liked the Martins but not as much. Although the Martins went for less money (not that much less, like $200-300). Which brand should I pick?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Ibanez Soundgear SR505 (five stringer)
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.
I tried out a couple Martins and a couple Taylors at Guitar Center today also and I love the feel, sound, and playability of Taylors more than Martins, so I reccomend the Taylor. It's better to pay $300 more for a guitar you'll love for a lifetime. I prefer Taylor over Martin, but it's totally up to you. Get whichever one feels better for you.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Personally preference, although, I tend to feel that if you're the Acoustic rocker type that the Martin dreadnoughts might perform better for you then the Taylors. I just see Taylors as guitars for more gentle playing...soft strumming and fingerpicking.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
For that kinda dough I would reccomend 3 different brands. Rainsong: these guitars are practically indestructable and would be great for doing gigs. They come with electronics and a built in tuner. Larivee: these are hand crafted guitars and have wonderful sound to them. My friend sells them in his shop and I have picked up a few and they are great. Breedlove: also another finely crafted guitar. You can go to their site and get one made the way you want it. The same goes for Larivee. If you need a site to view any of these 3 guitars I can give you my friends site. Just pm me for it. He will give you as good a deal as guitar center would and probably better.
^--- i also would reccomend looking at breedlove and larrivee. i prefer breedlove and larrivee over taylor guitars actually. martin's are definitely my favorite. i haven't ever played any guitar that could compare with a nice martin in the tone category. my favorites in order are probably:

martin
breedlove
taylor
larrivee
thanks for the help
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Ibanez Soundgear SR505 (five stringer)
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD