Im looking to upgrade my mt2 for a nice metal distortion sound. If I buy a pedal, I want a good one, not a midrange mediocre one like a metal master or digitech death metal ect. I would like the distortions in a expensive pedal board like a gt8 or whatever. But I have no interest in the 300 other effects so I don't see the point of purchasing one of those. I was looking a maxon pedals, but im looking for other recomendations. Money is not really an issue (within reason of course) as long as it doesn't cost the same as a stack lol. Also, is it worth the money for a boutique pedal?

my amp is a marshall avt 275 as well.
Read my post. Not this.
well i think a nice overdrive is worth it.......i jsut spent 250$ on a fulltone fulldrive 2 custom shop mosfet edition.....this thing was worth every ****ing penny but dont get your hopes up for getting one, they are 8 months back ordered and EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, nearly impossible to be exact.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Your better off buying another amp
My suggestion? Sell your marshall for about $400-$500... Should be enough to get you a REAL tube amp IMO
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Sell the Marshall, chip in some more money, and buy a nice tube amp. Use the rest on a botique OD pedal, instead of distortion.
2nd^

I have a $200 fuzz pedal that sounds amazing. It's worth the money once you upgrade your amp.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Everyone's right. You don't really need a new pedal but a new amp. I had an AVT100 and once you play a good tube amp you'll see that the amp stinks.

Anyway to answer your question. Go for a Line 6 Uber Metal set the thing to pulverize and that'll give you a good fat metal sound. There's not really much point in the more expensive distortion pedals as you wont hear them clearly through your amp. Personally I think the Uber is one of the best anyway.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Last edited by Tubey at Jun 22, 2006,
Yeah - a new tube amp would be a better way to go, but here are some good distortion pedals anyway;

Rocktron Silver Dragon,
Mxr Doubleshot,
And have a look at some tonebones!

Good luck

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9