Page 1 of 5
So whats everyone think of these Brisbane lads,
i personaly think they are, along with cog, the pinnacle of Australian music. Begins Here was brilliant and the new one, Imago, is ****ing unbelievable.
Clint is the best singer in Australia. Australian Idol eat your ass out

So wats everyone reckon of em?
Never heard of em. I thought you were talking about the movie!:P
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I haven't got the new one yet but I will soon. I love Begins Here it's a great album.
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
I hate them. The are just such a blatant rip off of Tool. Ive never seen them live but I saw a picture of them playing and the singer even had the blue paint.
I broke my wookie

RIP Syd
^ They aren't as heavy as Tool though. More prog rock than metal. I don't particularly like them, though. Kinda boring.
I think they're pretty good. I went and saw them last night and the mosh pit was absolutely brutal - my entire body is aching, and I got elbowed/hit in the head so many times I lost count. Mind you, I did dish out as much as I received. The music was great, too.
I think they're great. I can't stop listening to em.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by DogWithoutABone
I hate them. The are just such a blatant rip off of Tool. Ive never seen them live but I saw a picture of them playing and the singer even had the blue paint.

seriously...sometimes i wish the members of tool all died in an accident, then i thought no they are an okay band they don't deserve to die...tool fans who say that every band ever formed sounds like tool should all die instead.
Quote by effected89
seriously...sometimes i wish the members of tool all died in an accident, then i thought no they are an okay band they don't deserve to die...tool fans who say that every band ever formed sounds like tool should all die instead.

I think you should die in an accident.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Speaking as a fan of both Tool and The Butterfly Effect... I can say they sound nothing alike. If the other poster had taken time to actually -listen- to a song rather than just go by a picture, they'd know this.

That all said - they're a great band. New album is quite different, but has a few good songs, even though I do wish they'd evolve their 'Begins Here' style rather than continue down a softer path like they're doing. They still play their old stuff live, though, which is great.
Love 'em. Got all of their albums, seen them three times, they're great live.

EDIT: To Dog Without a Bone: I'm also a fan of both Tool and TBE, and they sound nothing alike.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Last edited by Skin the Sun at Dec 8, 2008,
Quote by Shihonage
Speaking as a fan of both Tool and The Butterfly Effect... I can say they sound nothing alike.

I agree totally.

These guys are possibly my favourite band right now.
What does everyone think of the new album? I didn't really like it at first but now i love it as much as the others.
They aren't my favorite thing to come out of Australia, but they are pretty good, i like them. Slow Descent has such a cool guitar line for how simple it is. One of those " I should of thought of that first moment" lol. They are pretty good though, and got some potential.
It really is hard....simple concept but way too fast to actually be easy.

I'm so pissed i can't see them live. They came close to our town but the show was 18+ and i can't go to the Big Day Out.
Bastard...

Well lets change the subject. Uh...What do you think of Worlds of fire? I like it a lot, but it's not my favourite because it reminds me too much of Muse. Now, don't get me wrong, i love Muse, but TBE shouldn't be writing Muse tunes.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Bastard...

Well lets change the subject. Uh...What do you think of Worlds of fire? I like it a lot, but it's not my favourite because it reminds me too much of Muse. Now, don't get me wrong, i love Muse, but TBE shouldn't be writing Muse tunes.

Well that obvious "Take A Bow" line would remind anyone of Muse

I'm thinking of seeing these guys at Big Day Out.
always liked TBE.. listened to them everynow and then. But im a little in love with Final Conversation... album, its just amazing a reckon. Clint got an awesome voice
Quote by Butt Rayge
Bastard...

Worlds On Fire - brilliant song. Probably the best album opener I've ever heard, bar none. The way it peters out in the middle then builds back up - the last minute of the song is pure sex. I think it'd be my favourite ending to a song as well - it's got that kind of two-or-three-songs-within-a-song-thing going on in it, kind of like Paranoid Android. I love it!

Though I think the album kind of loses momentum after In These Hands.. Rain is a great song though.
Quote by Uber-rocker
Though I think the album kind of loses momentum after In These Hands.. Rain is a great song though.

I kind of agree, but only because 7 days and sum of 1 take a while to get started. I think 7 Days is probably the weakest on the album though.
Hmm never really got into this band in terms of Aus prog rock if you want to call it that I'd choose Karnivool.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
I like karnivool a lot, but i like TBE way more. Ian Kenny is a fukking good singer though. I'd say on par with ol' Clint.
Yeah. I wish i had a good voice. I'm terrible. I can sing super high sometimes, but never in tune.

I don't know if i'd say Matt Bellamy is better. There are a lot of powerful metal singers out there...

I think Russell Allen (of Symphony X) would be my favourite metal singer, but i couldn't tell you my favourite singer ever. Too hard to pick.
^I don't listen to all that much metal, really. Generic stuff like Metallica, Pantera and Megadeth are about as far as I go.. I'm sure there's a ton of powerful metal singers, I just wouldn't know though.

What about Clint's vocals in Filling Silence though.. Holy crap.
Yeah, they're great. The end of Take it away is pretty impressive too. I was watching a live gig on youtube (i spose you've probably seen it live) and he did an amazing yell at the end.
The Butterfly Effect got #55 in The Hottest 100 for window and the watcher.

I was expecting better.
^I heard that! I turned on the radio right as the song was starting. Great timing or what?

I guess I was expecting perhaps Top 30 or 40, but #55 isn't that bad I suppose.

Window And The Watcher is a funny song though - I don't think it fits in with the rest of the album. When you listen to the album in order, you can kind of tell that that song is radio material, where the ones before and after aren't really. Kind of kills the groove the disc has going, IMO.
Yeah, but it's still a great song. Funny thing is, i always hear it in my head before the next song starts, so it's almost intrusive...
so at Big Day Out i walked passed the green stage where TBE were playing i heard "Window and the watcher" it sounded really good. Much better live.

Would have watched it all but i wanted to see Fantomas.
Page 1 of 5