Who makes the best kind of pedals is it Boss or Danelectro because im intereted in getting some new pedals and i want to get a wah pedal should i get a cry baby or Vox i've heard both are good, but i want the best for my money.
i personally go with boss, theyre built like tanks
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Who makes the best pedals? There are too many companies to name......

So you're looking for a wah pedal?

I recommend morley...amazing wahs...much better than dunlop....a Vox is better for a classic rock/vintage tone, but for anything else, the morley easily.
fulltone, teese, and zvek make the best pedals i think. but there are so many other great companies

i like the vox wahs better than dunlop
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Boss are great.. although a few are a let down (i.e. the current version of the DS-1 which is nothing like the original)

Danelectro = sssshhhh11111tttt! They're noisey and most are made of plastic!

Personally I like digitech's too. But it's always either Boss or Digitech for me
if i saw the 80's DS-1 somewhere should i get it over the original DS-1 Todays and for the Wah Pedal what should i get? i play rock so should it be Dunlop, Vox or Morley.
Boss are my preference as i prefer their tone. Digitech's are also good but danelectro's arent that great.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
boss defienetly. I own a few digitechs but dont really like them. imo, they do sound pretty digital. boss is a classic guitar sound
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Boss are built well, but in a serious rig, you find that they are horrible tone suckers. Steal sooo much. I can't use a stock boss pedal anymore.

But for a lower end, home rig, they're reliable pedals!

WHAT!?!? Tons of professional artists use Boss. I would imagine that if you stuck any given Boss pedal (minus tuners, OD's, distortions and such) in the loop, you'd get minimal tone suckage. Boss's are definitely the most reliable brand with the best bang for your buck. Line 6 makes some good stompbox modelers, although I don't like their Tonecore series that much. There's tons of other companies out there.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
For your wah? IMO VOX they rock, classic rock all the way. My freind has one and my cuzins guitarist in his band uses one. Pure rich classic rock tone. I would get one if I had the money...
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
different companies specialize in different effects. IMO boss' best pedals are their digital delay's.
Danelectros are probably the worst pedals. Yea they are cheap effects and may be good for beginners. I think the best are Vox, Dunlop/MXR, and Boss. Digitechs are okay. Some of their pedals sound good but I would prefer Boss over them.
Boss are nice but Ibanez's are nicer. Stevie Ray Vaughan, my favorite artist, used the TS-8 tubescreamer and it produced gorgeous tones. In terms of wahs, he used the vox (as did Hendrix and probably many others). I myself just got a cry baby original and i am very happy with it.

I played through the boss blues driver and the Ibanez TS-8 and the ibanez blue(hahaha) the blues driver right out of the water. Its all in waht (hahaha) you want.

SORRY ABOUT THE PUNS!!
I was recently debating over which wah to get also. So I finally went to Guitar Center expecting to pick up a Mark Tremonti Signature wah from Morley. Well, they didn't have, so I asked to try a Weeping Demon from Ibanez. It works great, man. It has a ton of controls on it and is both a conventional wah and an auto-wah. I would recommend the weeping demon, it works great for me and all I play is classic rock (well, it's not all I play, but you get the idea).
Last edited by drumguyonguitar at Jun 22, 2006,
Isnt the weeping demon the one that is like double the width of any other pedal with like a bunch of knobs for tweaking the settings and stuff?
I've never played one, but the demon is a good metal wah also, so it can probaly give you the same tone. You can really get any wah sound out of it because of all the tweak settings. It also has a hard metal chassis so it's quite durable.
Thats similar to the Dime. its got like a distortion knob on it a channel switch and three tone knobs. Im not into metal as much as I used to be so i wouldnt know how it sounds.
I like my Weeping Demon too, but it doesn't exactly have a very conventional, classic wah sound, which I would have liked. It sounds amazing with a drop tuned guitar (drop C or lower) on the "low" setting. I got some sweet, sweet tone that way. Try out a bunch of different wahs before choosing the one you want! I'd also stay away from Boss wahs. I tried one a while back that combined distortion and wah, not sure which model it was, but it was just awful.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
"I'd also stay away from Boss wahs."

Definitely true. Personally, id go with some of the brands that have been around for a while such as vox and cry baby
Quote by invisible_man
I like my Weeping Demon too, but it doesn't exactly have a very conventional, classic wah sound, which I would have liked.

If you turn Lo all the way down, the level down to a certain extent, and the Q down slightly, to say, 10 o' clock, you can get a fairly classic wah sound.

EDIT: It just takes a bit of experimentation.
morley makes damn good wahs
My Gear
Dean Dime CFH
Fender Metal Head/ MH412 Cab
ESP-F250
Fender standard strat (chopper in bridge/hotrails in neck.)
Epi Les Paul
Epi Wildkat
1986 yamaha (looks a lot like a RG)
Bc Rich Beast platinum pro (custom flame)
Bad Horsie wah
I think boss is definitely the best when compared to danelectro and others. But i am not rele satisfied with my boss phase shifter. I'd rather have an MXR. But i have a VOX wah and i love it.
Quote by dondude
I think boss is definitely the best when compared to danelectro and others. But i am not rele satisfied with my boss phase shifter. I'd rather have an MXR. But i have a VOX wah and i love it.

I think the Boss Phaser owns most others. It's a lot more versatile and you can get more sounds out of it with the rise and fall knob.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)