Page 1 of 2
miles away
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Australian Hardcore is gay. The Scene is a joke. And the bands are a joke.

Though Miles Away and Irrelevant are really nice people.

A good Hardcore/Crust band from Australia is Schifosi.
How the **** can our scene be called a joke? Apparently (since I've never been to the scenes in other countries) ours is one of the only major scenes that has almost no kids going there just to fight people. And the ones who do get the crap kicked out of them.

And all of the bands I have spoken to are really nice people, and only go off on stage. Except for this local band, because they put sh*t on every newish kind of band. The only ones that they don't put crap on are the ones that are better known than them.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by shai_savant
miles away

basically
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by pistols
How the **** can our scene be called a joke? Apparently (since I've never been to the scenes in other countries) ours is one of the only major scenes that has almost no kids going there just to fight people. And the ones who do get the crap kicked out of them.

And all of the bands I have spoken to are really nice people, and only go off on stage. Except for this local band, because they put sh*t on every newish kind of band. The only ones that they don't put crap on are the ones that are better known than them.

that second paragraph made almost no sense

and i've thought this for a while but now that we are actually on the topic i think that a lot of ausie bands bastardize the word hardcore and the genre but don't feel bad, it happens everywhere
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Quote by bloodstained
Australian Hardcore is gay. The Scene is a joke. And the bands are a joke.

He is so correct its not funny...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by pistols
How the **** can our scene be called a joke?

(Invalid img)

Look at that photo..........

now tell me if that's a joke or not?
Last edited by bloodstained at Jun 23, 2006,
Im pretty sure Love Like Electrocution is from Austrailia. Not hardcore, screamo, and they're really cool.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Quote by zeldar
Im pretty sure Love Like Electrocution is from Austrailia. Not hardcore, screamo, and they're really cool.

Love Like Electrocution are a joke, they were charging like 20 dollars for one of there 6 song full pressed ep's, and this was when they were still an unknown band.
Quote by bloodstained
Love Like Electrocution are a joke, they were charging like 20 dollars for one of there 6 song full pressed ep's, and this was when they were still an unknown band.

dude, calm down, i just said they were a good band, lets not start a new world war because you don't like the aussie scene.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
i like the australian scene. i think it has alot of potential and i enjoy alot of the bands. kids here go to shows to have fun moshing and singing along not to start fights which is good.

weve got a tone of good bands:
Miles away
From the Ruins
Breakeven
Bloodsport
The August Reign
Carpathian
Stronghold
Toe To Toe (r.i.p.)
Grim Reality (r.i.p.)
Just Say go
The Deadwalk
Pro Team
Her Nightmare
Samsara
LAST NERVE (r.i.p.)
Bad Blood
Shotpoint blank
Hitlist (r.i.p.)
Hardluck
Mindsnare
Against
Provoke
xWish for Wingsx
Taking Sides (r.i.p)
etc etc etc etc etc etc
Quote by _Clayman
those arent hardcore bands

this one is: http://www.myspace.com/samsarahc

listen, you might learn a thing or two

When did this little shit get unbanned?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
little ****? i'm sure i'm bigger than you brotha

stick to the metal nerd forum, i'll handle this one
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by zeldar
dude, calm down, i just said they were a good band, lets not start a new world war because you don't like the aussie scene.

I'm not angry, i just said they were a joke. In no way do i have any intention of fighting over them.
Quote by bloodstained
(Invalid img)

Look at that photo..........

now tell me if that's a joke or not?

wouldn't know, all I see is an X.

Anyway, if the aussie scene is a bastardization, then so are the other scenes. Our ones are more metalcore, but at least we don't have tons of people going to gigs just to start fights.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
The Northcoast (Brisbane) Hardcore scene is pretty good. Show's every weekend which is always fun. Too bad I live in Canberra where there isn't much of a scene because A Stab In the Dark just broke up. Other then that we dont really have anything.

My favourite Australian Hardcore band would have to be Against. Rad.
pistols:don't believe everything you read on lambgoat
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Quote by _Clayman
little ****? i'm sure i'm bigger than you brotha

stick to the metal nerd forum, i'll handle this one

I'm six four. So?

And that's a ****ty comeback, a ****ty post as well. No Clayman, you cannot handle things. When you handle things - good threads turn into ****.

On topic: I perfered "The Hunt For The Ida Wave" over "I Killed The Prom Queen". They were better - "This Is Not My Ideal Way To..." was a legendary song.

By the way - what' so different between nationality and music? Where does nationality completely change the scene or music?
from everything i've heard austrailia hardcore is pretty decent. I talk to a girl from the perth area and she's introduced me to alot of very good austrailia bands. But it's true the ones listed at the beginning of this thread sucked.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
Quote by Craigo

I'm six four. So?

I don't think he was talking to you. Stop using that as an excuse to brag about your height on a message board.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Ibanez_Bassist
The Northcoast (Brisbane) Hardcore scene is pretty good. Show's every weekend which is always fun. Too bad I live in Canberra where there isn't much of a scene because A Stab In the Dark just broke up. Other then that we dont really have anything.

My favourite Australian Hardcore band would have to be Against. Rad.

Trust me, I live in the Northcoast area. It's not that good.
Quote by bloodstained
Trust me, I live in the Northcoast area. It's not that good.

It's alot better then down here.
i live in Goolwa which is near Adelaide and its pretty ****e round here
I Killed The Prom Queen are sweet as but they need a new singer which i think they have
With the blood of the ones he loved
Upon his filthy hands
He took a vow, never
Never to sin again.
Yes aussie hardcore

I Killed The Prom Queen
Your Sunday Best
What the hell is the internet?
carpathian, 1000 nightmares, the daylight curse, trust broken, her nightmare, the red shore, jungle fever, the dead walk, just to name a few, all great aussie hadcore bands that are not completley overrated like 99.9% of the american ones. And to the guy who said aussie hardcore is a joke....we know!!! australia itself is a f*cking joke, thats the way we like it. At least we dont take guns to shows and start crews like Fags Stay United.
For those who dont all ready know A jonestown syndicate have changed there name to A Black Tie Knife Part.
What the hell is the internet?
Quote by Guglet
For those who dont all ready know A jonestown syndicate have changed there name to A Black Tie Knife Part.

they were The Jonestown Syndicate, and are now A Black Tie Knife Party

sorry for being pedantic but that annoyed me

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by KaosInTheDark
they were The Jonestown Syndicate, and are now A Black Tie Knife Party

sorry for being pedantic but that annoyed me

unluCKY...

they have now decided against the name change, and are The Jonestown Syndicate once again. probably a good idea i think.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
sure the aussie scene may be kind of gay, but some would rather deal with that then be afraid of going to shows and getting knifed or shot (lol)
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Anyone going to Soundfest 2 in Canberra on the 24th and 25th of November? Parkway Drive, xWish For Wingsx, Carpathian, Against just to name a few. Should be pretty good.
Quote by casualtyvampire
xWish For Wingsx

Well said man, they were what came to mind when I saw Australia. They've played here a couple of times now, they're a really tight band and obscenely cool guys to talk to.

-Mike
Page 1 of 2