So I saw this guitar on ebay and now I have to build one like it

1979 Fender Stratocaster - Sunburst

But my question is, what parts to use, fender parts would be great but if others are cheaper or just as good/better then definitely. In terms of a body I was looking into something like this
I was looking into a 70's big headstock but most importantly I want the neck to be 1-piece maple.

Pickup wise I was thinking either 3 SCN Noiseless Fender's or 2 Seymour Duncan JB Humbuckers (Bridge and Neck) And either a noiseless or a Duncan Alinco in the Middle. Any ideas, suggestions for a beginner building his first guitar.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

You wanna build a Fender, so getting Fender parts would indeed be a good idea...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Thanks asshat
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

^

If you want decent parts, look at the www.Warmoth.com website, loads of great quality stuff on there, and loads of people from this forum use it for parts too.

And do you have another pic of that guitar? Your link isn't working.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yea, this isn't the exact one that inspired me, but it's cosmetically the same

1976 Strat

Thanks for the Warmoth website, I knew about the company but after going to the website I think I'm having a harder time choosing exactly what to do, It doesn't have to be sunburst now and I'm thinking I might want to go rear routed, no pickguard. What's easier/better/which do you like more?

If you have money, you don't have to do this. You can comission Warmoth to do all that for you.

But if you want to you can do it yourself! (I think that is cooler just so you know!)

Yes rear routed is better. Mainly because you don't have to take the strings off to get to the electronics, incase there is a problem like a bad ground.
And might I suggest that you look into other parts for your strat? Like a Floyd Rose bridge or something? Or Phasing. Just a suggestion, meh...
^
I think I'll pass on the Floyd Rose for a few reasons -

1. I most likely will do three SCN Noiseless Single Coils so I won't get the harmonics and tones that are cool with a trem.

2. There expensive as ****, 150 dollars or so used.

3. I would have to have it routed differently or custom routed.

4. They look wierd on Strats in my opinion.

I'm thinking about rear routing it because if I get a flame maple top I don't want any of it to be covered with a piece of plastic, no matter how many ply it is.

I'm assuming I want to go alder, I've heard ash is too thin and weak in the midrange and mahogany is too dark for three single coils, right?