I heard someone doing it so I got one of does huge tin cans about as big as the body of my electric bass. I don't want to destroy it without knowing what to do. Did anyone try this before?
I've never heard of that before...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
some people make uprights out of washtubs or trashcans. I think you could make your electric an acoustic by adding a body to the bass. Something that amplifies the vibrations (like the body of an acoustic guitar does). I see you allready have something, well try holding it to the body first, firmly pressing it against the bass. Then play a note and see how it sounds. So first experiment without attaching it. And if I were you, I'd never attach it to my bass. Seems like a waste to me...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
http://www.geocities.com/tabs_in_one_fell_swoop/GasCan.JPG

Guitarist for State Radio has a gas can guitar, dunno if the same idea could be applied to bass.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
well, the can resonates along with the strings and amplifies the sound. So it should be possible to do something similar with a bass...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...