i got a little vox pathfinder amp to get some nice vintage sounds without playing to loud at home, but i was wondering how old these vox pathfinders are, in wich period they were made.
-- THE WHO --
I got one when I started playing about 5 or 6 years ago. I think they were just new then.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's a great little amp, i thought it was older
-- THE WHO --
^ yeah, i was playing mine yesterday and today, the first time in ages. As long as you keep the gain below about half way, it sounds pretty good. The distortion is a little harsh if it gets any higher- but it's definitely nice for classic rock and anything lighter.

Still, it's been superceded by the valvetronixes, pretty much. Still have to try a valvetronix.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ I looked at them at the shop once ...didnt try one. I was thinking about buying one as a practice amp, but if it cant do high gain well ->
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Jun 22, 2006,
^ nah, the high gain sucks. Up to classic rock is really quite good for such an amp. It actually sounds a little like an ac30 (if it were solid state), which stands to sense since it's a vox. but yeah, it kinda sucks that when I started i wanted high gain, so i didn't like it. Then when i got to the stage where I could appreciate it, I had better amps...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?