Poll: Planet Waves or Monster Cables?
Poll Options
View poll results: Planet Waves or Monster Cables?
Planet Waves
15 54%
Monster
10 36%
Other
3 11%
Voters: 28.
So who makes the better guitar cable. I'm planning on cutting up my up, not-as-good cable and making it into so little patch cable, so I gotta get a new, nicer cable. Who makes the better one for the price?
I don't know about Monster, but Planet Waves makes one helluva cable.
I use a 6 meter long Planet Waves instrument cable. Costs about $35. Never had any problems.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've got a Planet Waves cable, it's great, but in all honesty, it's just a good cable with a good warranty, I doubt you'd be able to hear a difference between the 2 cables.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I've got a Planet Waves cable, it's great, but in all honesty, it's just a good cable with a good warranty, I doubt you'd be able to hear a difference between the 2 cables.

Tr00 as ****. When I bought the thing, I just needed a new cable 'cause my other one got very noisy and I had a gig the next day. Don't have any experience with Monster cables.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've got a monster and it sounds excellent.

The bass player in my band had a planet waves cable and it stopped working like 5 months into use
=/
planet waves circuit breakers 10'-kick ass for $30!
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Planet Waves and Monster make cables of about the same quality. I just like the business practices of PW better. They're not so cut throat with smaller businesses.

I would also go with Planet Waves due to their excellent lifetime warranty.
I have tried both

PLanet waves sounds just as good and they are basically the same quality but i had two PW cables just cut out on me switched to monster about a year ago and they are still going strong nothing beats them
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I got the Planet Waves. I like it, the plugs have these little spring-thingys that lock into your guitar. It was $20, and 20 feet, a good deal, and it sounds good.
Klotz cables are the best but very expensive. I think monster cables are a ripoff. I used monster cables for home audio and they weren't that wonderful. Does anyone here use George L sodderless cables?
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
PW.

If you can, look into Mogami, too. All the other really nice cables are too much, though.
Quote by kanamvar32
Klotz cables are the best but very expensive. I think monster cables are a ripoff. I used monster cables for home audio and they weren't that wonderful. Does anyone here use George L sodderless cables?

Yeah those are pretty neat, I was thinking of gettting that kit for my pedals.