Hey, it's me again ,

I'm planning to buy a new bridge pickup and I decided I want to have the early Van Halen sound, not because I wanna be EVHII, I just like his sound allot.

Anyway, the guitar I'm gonna use is a Ibanez RG1570 , which is made out of basswood ( like the wolfgang is).

and I've been googling , and I got these candidates :
Seymour Duncan Custom (SH5)
Dimarzio Virtual PAF
Gibson 500T ( this is gonna cost me alot of money)

I think the Dimarzio is the best choice out of those 3 , it's like the old gibson paf, but it has been dipped into wax twice, just like EVH did with his pickups.
Orange Enthousiast.
Go to the ultimate settings thread, its stickied.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
you were a great help , now read my post please , I'm looking for pickups....
Orange Enthousiast.
None of those will get you close. The best I've found is the Duncan Custom Custom. It's hotter than Eddie's but otherwise VERY similar. The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop makes an "EVH" pickup that runs about $160.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
mmmm , but those are pretty rare here in Europe, maybe something more common which could get me a simmilar sound.
Orange Enthousiast.
I believe Bareknuckle makes an EVH model as well...yup, the "VHII."
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.