How can I expand the range of the vintage trem system? right now I am only shift the notes up and down around 2 semitones, yea i made it floating already.
you can loosen the spring tension. but it will be harder to keep it in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That is just the limitations of that tremolo; you're gonna have to learn to live with it; or buy a new guitar/bridge.
It's either that, or install a Floyd Rose, since you seem to want to use the Whammy more.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
What about the screws that hold the bridge onto them?

There were originally 6, i removed the middle 4 and left the outer 4. Can i expand the range by raising them or osmething?
nah, ur bridge will fall off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's just the nature of the best.

Basically, the vintage trem can't handle extreme usage and stay in tune. It's just not designed for that.

You really can't expect it to work outside of its' design perameters; which is to say, if you try to use it insanely, it'll just not work that way.

If you unscrew it from the body, there's a chance you'll be able to move it more, but at the same time, it just won't be able to stay in your guitar as well.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Dang, but it sure hell is durable :P
I have done millions of Herman Li tricks to the extreme and it lives.