Hi,does anybody have any reviews on this guitar? whats it like to play? what sort of sounds?

I play metal and am hopefully getting this, I have a Peavey Valveking Stack with OD so my amp is fine. I want the Vintage Black version because it looks way better than the gloss one and I don't really like the abalone.

OK, so anybody have this guitar? or tried it? opinions please....
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
I dont know about the pickups cause I dont have time to go look and see what they are. I do know that Kirk Hammet plays a model of this with an 81/85 active set. It'll give you that metal tone your looking for but best bet is to play it first.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
It's a great metal guitar that plays nicely.

Sound wise listen to God Forbid the lead guitarist used to use one.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
its a great guitar, dual EMG 81's and a Mohagany body are great for metal, but only if you have a good tube amp, the neck for me is a little small and not wide enough for my hands, but I ajust to it after 10 minutes of playing it. I never really liked Les-Paul shaped guitars that has 24 frets because the only way for ME to reach them is if I play in a classical position. I haven't gotten the Intonation on it set correctly yet because I am a big procrastinator (sp?). The locking tuners on the headstock are a big help for tuning stability, but don't try to put a .60 guage E string through it without modding the tuners (I'm talking about the GHS Zakk Wylde Signature strings when I say the .60). Overall I like it, but nothing beats the feel of a REAL ESP guitar, those damm Eclipses are B-e-a-utiful.

See?

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/standard_gt/ecli_1_ctm_vbk.html
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
I have good tube amp if you read the first post. Also, this thing looks every bit as good as the real esp. It has everything I am looking for (EMGs, good tuners, no floyd, les paul shape, 24 frets, mahogany) and it looks perfect for my style. I ask on here because I have nowhere to try it out and with all of my gear, I ask here and buy online and take your guys words for it.

Also, I use 11-52 gauge strings, that isn't a problem
My Gear:

Quote by Tubey
^^ you can get a Ltd which looks exactly the same as that now.

http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/esp-jpg/ec1000vb-lg.jpg

just because it looks the same doen't mean its gonna paly the same, it was made in korea in a factory, not japan by hand.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
just because it looks the same doen't mean its gonna pply the same, it was made in korea in a factory, not japan by hand.

I know that. Just the other guy said the ESP was a beauty so I was just being big headed.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by Tubey

I want the Vintage Black version (like the ESP) which is £750, should I get it? If it is going to sound superior to my Gibson, there is no point. Because I don't want to buy it for it to be crap. I might as well save for the ESP
My Gear:

Yeah, £500 more and I can have the ESP version. Would that be a better choice?

EDIT: I mean, will there be a big difference in quality between the LTD and the ESP?
My Gear:

I can't really say because I've never played a real ESP just Ltd. The difference in sound would be minimal but the real ESP would probably feel nice. Personally I'd go for the Ltd unless you're not bothered about money.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Right, thanks alot, i think I will get the LTD and send it back if I don't like it.
My Gear:

Plus shout at me!
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
^ yes, and that
My Gear:

Quote by Cone 21
just because it looks the same doen't mean its gonna paly the same, it was made in korea in a factory, not japan by hand.

they arent really made by hand theyre c.n.c then every thing else is done by hand just fender they have many bodies and neck all c.n.c ready to be painted and all that stuff

edit:
Quote by tabber666
I want the Vintage Black version (like the ESP) which is £750, should I get it? If it is going to sound superior to my Gibson, there is no point. Because I don't want to buy it for it to be crap. I might as well save for the ESP

yes. get the ESP version the Eclipse II are the newer models

edit 2:
Quote by tabber666
Yeah, £500 more and I can have the ESP version. Would that be a better choice?

EDIT: I mean, will there be a big difference in quality between the LTD and the ESP?

idk what you rather have a Squier or a Fender
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 24, 2006,
well, is it worth the extra for the ESP? Is there going to be a noticable difference?

EDIT: I guess you just answered that, I will save for the ESP
My Gear:

yep, its just like the difference between a squier and a fender or a mexi strat and an american strat
or an epi and a gibson
My Gear:

^don't compare an Ltd Deluxe to a Squire please, thank you
The Ltd Deluxes are great guitars, no matter where they are made. ESP's are overrated imo, but of course if you do have the cash and want to save for an ESP, by no means let me stop you!