hi guys. i play mainly funk, punk, classic rock and classical music. i was considering between these 3 basses: fender highway1 j-bass, fender 60th aniversary precision bass and the squire standered j bass. i have a buget of about $800. if u can any other basses to recommand kindly add a link please =D thanks a whole bunch
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
Last edited by illegaltender at Jun 22, 2006,
Fender Reissues. '57 P-Bass or '62 Jazz Bass. You will not be disappointed and they're amazing. Both come out to about $1300, too.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
i was looking at those too probably gonna get the japanese one though =D
I say Dean. You can get one of their Edge basses with Bartolini pickups for less than $800. It will be much more versatile than any Fender. Except maybe a Jazz bass with Barts...
Quote by Bumper
I say Dean. You can get one of their Edge basses with Bartolini pickups for less than $800. It will be much more versatile than any Fender. Except maybe a Jazz bass with Barts...

yes and no:

did you want the j-bass or the p-bass?? if j-bass, probly follow bumpers advice i guess.

if p-bass, humbucker barts wont get you the punchy precision tone the p-bass is known for imo.
^What if you solo the neck pickup, boost your mids and cut the treble back just a tad? That'd be pretty darn P-bassey if you ask me...I don't know though, my neck pickup doesn't work.
Quote by Bumper
^What if you solo the neck pickup, boost your mids and cut the treble back just a tad? That'd be pretty darn P-bassey if you ask me...I don't know though, my neck pickup doesn't work.

not as p-bassey as a p-bass itself
thanks guys =D. i'm looking for more of a j bass probably cauze i slap quite often. gonna go with the highway 1 thanks =DD
I would but the 60th Anniversary Precision. I would if I had the cash on me. The sell on value of it would slightly increased.
Fender's Deluxe Active P-bass is nice, flexible and well priced. Not sure on its price in dollars, but you'll have some change.