Do you fine people of UG have any suggestions for a whammy bar that will fit on a les paul, decent action, decent sound and tuning stability and that i can install WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE GUITAR?

EDIT: Don't say Stetsbar, ive played them in the shop, they are ugly and i dont like them.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
just buy one of these vVv

I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
No.

1.) Im not gothic.
2.) I have a Gibson.
3.) Floyd Rose sucks.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
no need to get snappy.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
In a word... No.

There are no such products.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Just get a Floyd Rose or a Wilkinson. They are both decent, and if you are really that nervous about hurting your guitar, take it to a shop. Or, if you are just planning on droping the pitch, you can get a Digitech Whammy, which has a "divebomb" feature on it.
You seem to be arrogant and a right know it all so you probably have the knowledge to do so yourself.
Quote by Sqeeezie
WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE GUITAR?

I doubt it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by ss311
You seem to be arrogant and a right know it all so you probably have the knowledge to do so yourself.

nice.

and i a agree with backinblack, buy an Ibanez or summit
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Well young put a bigsby on his SG, so I guess if you NEEDED to have one you could do that, but I'd suggest leaving it as it is.
Dickless.
To fit a Bigsby, you'd have to put screws in to the guitar. Screws = modification.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
if you want a whammy, you can't really say you don't like FR, because they are like, some of the best whammys ever. And bigsbys are more of a kind of slide / vibrato tool rather than screamy whammy-ness tool aren't they?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The only thing that you can do would be getting a Stetsbar. Its the only thing I can think of that wouldnt require any modificatons. It also depends on what you want the tremolo for. If its just to give a slight vibrato, I would say to get a Bigsby. For divebombs and stuff, I would just get another guitar with a FR.
Quote by Sqeeezie
No.

1.) Im not gothic.
2.) I have a Gibson.
3.) Floyd Rose sucks.

1) you dont have to be gothic to play a goth lp, dumbass. its alot like a gibson lp anyway.
I wouldn't fit a whammy on a les paul, it takes a lot away from what's so great about a les paul; the chunky tone that's generated by the hardtail bridge.
"Don't play what's there; play what's NOT there" - Miles Davis
You can't do it without any modifications because you would need to route the guitar to have space for the springs...

EDIT: But even if you don't...because it will spoil the image of the guitar...Les Paul's are massive chunky guitars...
Les Trem Stop-Tailpiece Tremolo at Stew Mac:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Les_Trem_Stop-Tailpiece_Tremolos.html

no woodwork, no new screws, just a simple swap. However, I've never tried it so I can't tell you about the quality..and it is pretty expensive..but hey if it's what you want, that's probably the only way you don't have to mod your guitar.
blank
I'd go with a Bigsby. Have you ever seen Neil Young's guitar, "Old Black?" It works so well.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Well young put a bigsby on his SG, so I guess if you NEEDED to have one you could do that, but I'd suggest leaving it as it is.

Angus Young's SGs came with tailpieces, alot of SGs did in the 60's.

Bigsby's require modification because you have to drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the guitar. It's not a big modification, but if someone is really being a hardass about no modification and doesn't like Stetsbars than he/she doesn't have many other options.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
I one of my Guitar One mags there is a sweet trem set-up that came out for LPs

go to their site cuz they might have the review.
POOP
My Rig:(left out some stuff)
Peavey 6505 and Marshall 1960B cab
Epiphone Custom LP
Line6 PODXTLive
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor Tuner Super Chorus
MXR 6-band EQ
The Trick Thread
Quote by ss311
How mcuh are Bigsbys?

$100 depending where you get it.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
get your les paul routed and ge a floyd in it
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.