I have much more free time on my hands now that it's summer, and I'd like to know what things some of you do to practice. I've been playing for 8 months and have made a lot of progress, and I take lessons, but what are some good exercises or practices to improve playing overall?
Quote by The way to hate
I have much more free time on my hands now that it's summer, and I'd like to know what things some of you do to practice. I've been playing for 8 months and have made a lot of progress, and I take lessons, but what are some good exercises or practices to improve playing overall?

Im in the same situation, been playing 8 months, taking lessons. I would ask your teacher to really push you. Youll have extra time, so use it to practice more, and to push yourself. Learn whatever your teacher gives you, learn it well.
Scales. Practice them inside and out. My favorite method of practice once I got accustomed to the patterns was to turn on the radio, find the tonic, and then just improv along with the song. Helps train ears and motor memory.
Same situation except i'v only played for 14 months. I try to learn harder songs overall, something that I like and still pushes my ability. Aside from that just work on learning the songs from a guitar method book.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Look for Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar book. It's giving me quite the headache lately. Great stuff.