Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
he's in denial :P
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
They sound so good. I'm trading in my Engl right now!
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
^ ME TOO (if only i really had one)

but yeah, i wish for that price it was really a great amp for customizing my own sound. the three little knobs he mentioned must be great!

and did anyone get the part when he mentions something about making it sound like a tube amp and in a big huge stadium wtf?
Last edited by spuime4c1es at Jun 22, 2006,
are mgs amps not ment to be crap cause i was thinking of getting the mg100dfx cab and some one sayed that all mgs are crap
Does he remind anyone else of Marty from Back to the Future?

I love how he strats out with "This is a great amp"

as for the cabinet: go just get a 2x12" if you have to, make sure you have some decent speakers in it (Celestions are usually the favourite though Eminence are also good) as I've got no idea what Marshall is putting into the MG cabs
^^ don't bother with low end Marshalls.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Quote by roryp15
are mgs amps not ment to be crap cause i was thinking of getting the mg100dfx cab and some one sayed that all mgs are crap

They aren't meant to be crap, but they are.
Oh god I saw that video a little while ago and I just cringed all the way through it. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about:

"This is my Marshall... *pauses, looks at amp* err... MG15DFX amp." LOL! What an idiot

"It's a really great amp, I really like the sound". and lmao at his description of the FDD function.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
He dont know what he's talking about & We dont hear it. So yeah its a great amp
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Jun 22, 2006,

wtf on the tube amp stadium thing

heavy? that things like a feather to my laney, let alone my ashdown
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
lol.

A tube amp in a stadium? How the hell does reverb make it sound like a tube amp....

A heavy amp huh? If he thinks thats heavy wait until he upgrades to the MG100HDFX...because you know he will.

I didn't know whether to laugh, or feel sorry for that guy.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
^ he said the FFD (frequency dependent dampning) makes it sound like a tube amp in a stadium. which is bs it just makes the speaker react more like it would with a tube amp, poorly.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
what an idiot....man thats really the amp to get a deep, soulful distortion out of (2 feet deep)...but IDK WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MY FDD AND REVERB MAKES MY MG15DFX SOUND LIKE A TUBE AMP IN A 10398102938094 PERSON STADIUM...it pretty much pwns my triamp mkII
Last edited by Gibson_Left at Jun 22, 2006,
mgs arnt made buy marshal, ther made in some asian country (china or korea, cant remember) and marshal put ther name to them, ther not good at all, i mean 400 euro for a 100watt marshal combo! come on!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
marshall MGs are just neat amps. so much control....it has like....treble and contour knobs and stuff... and like....its kinda heavy but not too heavy...and like...it sounds just like a tube amp..which is also neat even though tubes suck....yeah....this amp is just neato
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by Zeds.Ded
mgs arnt made buy marshal, ther made in some asian country (china or korea, cant remember) and marshal put ther name to them, ther not good at all, i mean 400 euro for a 100watt marshal combo! come on!

They are made by Marshall, but they are made in China, just like billions of other electronic devices.

I'm pretty sure that their JCM2000s are built there as well. Only the handwired top-of-the-line reissue stuff still being built in England.
Quote by seljer
They are made by Marshall, but they are made in China, just like billions of other electronic devices.

I'm pretty sure that their JCM2000s are built there as well. Only the handwired top-of-the-line reissue stuff still being built in England.

oh right. isnt the only difference between the MG's and higher end marshal's (in terms of apperance) the marshal logo on the front is a slight differnt shade of colour or sumit?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
haha awesome. I liked the way he had to look at the front of the controls to remember all the fx etc. Really made it sound like he knew what he was talking about.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actully MG's are made in India (atleast the MG100HDFX). My JCM900 is made in good ol' UK though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009